stratosphere ii oem extended battery?

OP Gibson99

10th June 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Houston, we've had a problem, Texas
Thanks Meter: 12

82 posts
More
was checking amazon for extended batts for my new relay and noticed that most/all said they fit both the relay and the i415 stratosphere 2/ii. so i searched for i415 batteries and found an actual samsung 3000mah unit - http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00C2Z...sr=8-4&pi=SL75

you can see that it's both 3.8v and 3000mah. the watt-hours listed on the flip side are almost double the stock one in my relay. there's another listing that also comes w/ the door for just a few bucks more, or some listings w/ just the door. the door has a verizon logo on it, but i bet a little thinner or nail polish remover would fix that.

for as cheap as it is, i'm willing to try it out. i will get the one w/ the stratosphere door. i'll also be buying one of the generic ones that actually says relay and comes w/ a door, since it looks like the camera opening might be slightly different. will compare fitment and battery life and of course post back here.

unless of course this has already been tried and failed...
10th June 2014, 10:21 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Oroville
Thanks Meter: 5,069

2,790 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson99

was checking amazon for extended batts for my new relay and noticed that most/all said they fit both the relay and the i415 stratosphere 2/ii. so i searched for i415 batteries and found an actual samsung 3000mah unit - http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00C2Z...sr=8-4&pi=SL75

you can see that it's both 3.8v and 3000mah. the watt-hours listed on the flip side are almost double the stock one in my relay. there's another listing that also comes w/ the door for just a few bucks more, or some listings w/ just the door. the door has a verizon logo on it, but i bet a little thinner or nail polish remover would fix that.

for as cheap as it is, i'm willing to try it out. i will get the one w/ the stratosphere door. i'll also be buying one of the generic ones that actually says relay and comes w/ a door, since it looks like the camera opening might be slightly different. will compare fitment and battery life and of course post back here.

unless of course this has already been tried and failed...

for 10 bucks more i got a 5000mah battery with extended back cover...well worth it in my opinion
10th June 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV3NT3CH

for 10 bucks more i got a 5000mah battery with extended back cover...well worth it in my opinion

thanks. i didn't think to check ebay. i guess i was just thinking i'd have better luck with an actual samsung piece, but if this is really 5000 mah i'll be set for days (or at least an entire day!). wish i'd have done my homework before buying my droid4 with its non-removable 1750mah battery that doesn't even last me to lunchtime some days...

guess i'll just get that one battery/cover and skip the stratosphere one. if this one doesn't last i'll consider the sammy batt next time around.
12th June 2014, 03:54 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Oroville
Thanks Meter: 5,069

2,790 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson99

thanks. i didn't think to check ebay. i guess i was just thinking i'd have better luck with an actual samsung piece, but if this is really 5000 mah i'll be set for days (or at least an entire day!). wish i'd have done my homework before buying my droid4 with its non-removable 1750mah battery that doesn't even last me to lunchtime some days...

guess i'll just get that one battery/cover and skip the stratosphere one. if this one doesn't last i'll consider the sammy batt next time around.

i have no issues with it...its the mpj model...and yes is 5000mah...with minimal use ive had the phone last for just over 4 days from 100% to 5%
12th June 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV3NT3CH

i have no issues with it...its the mpj model...and yes is 5000mah...with minimal use ive had the phone last for just over 4 days from 100% to 5%

sounds like the one i just ordered. it's currently on the slow boat from china so i'll see it end of month if i'm lucky. now that my contract at vzw is officially up, i'll be going to tmo on friday to pick up some sim cards. yes, tmo is offering to pay your ETF, but the catch is you have to buy a phone from them AND trade in your old one. well they wouldn't sell me a relay as part of the deal and my droid4 supposedly has zero tradein value, so i had to wait out my contract. also sucks that i had to buy another sgs3 for my wife - her verizon one would technically work for voice/text with a tmo sim (in theory) but data would be like 2g speeds. no thanks. hopefully i can sell the vzw s3 (and some redundant accessories like otterbox/etc) to make up the difference.

meanwhile i've already rooted the relay and am about to try out liquidsmooth.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread