[GUIDE]how to create ftf for any sony devices using Flashtool
creating an FTF file for any Sony devices with Flashtool
Download the update files for ur phone using Sony PC Companion or Sony Update Service...
---if u already having the latest version but needs ftf then click the show button below
open sony pc companion...
select Support Zone
select phone/tablet software update
now it will show as you are already having latest version..in that page see below...a blue link with "Repair your phone" click that it will ask for downloading files...follow it..
After finishing download it will ask for you to connect ur phone...no need to connect...
Start Flashtool or Flashtool64 (for 64-bit Windows).
Click 'Tools' > 'Bundles' > 'FILESET Decrypt'..... [NOTE:if u r using old flashtool then it is 'Tools' > 'SEUS Decrypt']
Select the 'Source Folder' (copy-pasting this path will not work): to see source folders click the show button below
- Sony PC Companion (Windows XP): C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sony Mobile\Update Engine\db\13740270\blob_fs
- Sony PC Companion (Windows Vista/7/8): C:\ProgramData\Sony Mobile\Update Engine\db\13740270\blob_fs
- Sony Update Service (32-bit Windows): C:\Program Files\Sony Mobile\Update Service\db\13740270\blob_fs
- Sony Update Service (64-bit Windows): C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Mobile\Update Service\db\13740270\blob_fs
- [NOTE:] for program data to be visible...please enable View Hidden Files and Folder...in windows 7 see in control panel...in win 8,8.1 see menu bar,select view tab tick the hidden item box..
Move all 'Available files' to 'Files to convert' by selecting them and clicking the right arrow button.
Click 'Convert'.and wait till another dialog box appears
Enter the following details:
- Device: select your phone model, e.g. 'c2004' for Xperia M dual (see 'Settings' > 'About phone' > 'Model number').
- Branding: Ur region or global versions...eg:GENERIC IN,GLOBAL,etc
- Version: the build number of the firmware, e.g. '15.5.A.1.5'...see elabel it will has them
Move all files from 'folder list' to 'Firmware content' by selecting them and clicking the right arrow button.
Afer some time u will see 'Bundle creation finished', your FTF will be in 'C:\Flashtool\firmwares'. If your combination of device/branding/build is not yet available on xda-developers forum, please be so kind to share it
If this post was helpful, don't forget to click the 'Thanks' button.
There are literally thousands of note taking apps available on Android, with practically every … more
21 Aug 2014
By Will Verduzco
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?