Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 54,310 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Note 3 9005lte 16G IMEI Failure Dead needs help please

Tip us?

Tonyipad2
Old
(Last edited by Tonyipad2; 12th June 2014 at 05:47 AM.) Reason: problem solved
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] Note 3 9005lte 16G IMEI Failure Dead needs help please

Dear all, my note 3 n9005 16G lte is currently sitting in the Samsung's service centre in Taipei city, Taiwan . Recently ive found out that my note 3 is having problems with its GPS, it wouldnt get a lock on for a long period of time (10-15 minutes), sometimes it doesnt get a lock at all, and i have tried everything restoring using odin, unrooted, gps status but no luck. So today i decided to take a visit to the local Samsung Repair centre in Taipei. The staff lady told me it will take about an hour to check for its problems and get back to me after. So i waited an hour and found out that my phone is completed dead they have lost my IMEI number due to reformatting the phone (ive tested the phone and everything seems fine except it will not detect my sim card). They give me an option to repair for a price of about 250 us dollars for placing the mother board, unfortunately due to rooting the phone ive lost all my warranties. Any help or suggestion will be extremely appreciated. Thanks in advance

My question is that are there any other ways to restore its IMEI by fixing it my self, kinda under budget right now. The phone was partial new just got it last November.

****Follow up UPDATES: Well guys the problem has been fixed(half fixed actually), lmao it turns out the guys at the samsung repair centre flashed the wrong firmware into my system have no idea how he did it, KOT49h n9005ztuenb5 this is the version he flashed into my system. After i got home from the repair centre along with my phone today i flashed the N9005ZTUENE2 via odin and voilą it all came back to normal 250 dollars saved!!!! however lost my 32 sgcard, GPS problem still exists and took them a week plus 4 pohone calls to them to get back to me. any ways i am very happy right now /cheers GO Brazil !!!!!GO Brazil GO Brazil!!!!

sagytb
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyipad2 View Post
Dear all, my note 3 n9005 16G lte is currently sitting in the Samsung's service centre in Taipei city, Taiwan . Recently ive found out that my note 3 is having problems with its GPS, it wouldnt get a lock on for a long period of time (10-15 minutes), sometimes it doesnt get a lock at all, and i have tried everything restoring using odin, unrooted, gps status but no luck. So today i decided to take a visit to the local Samsung Repair centre in Taipei. The staff lady told me it will take about an hour to check for its problems and get back to me after. So i waited an hour and found out that my phone is completed dead they have lost my IMEI number due to reformatting the phone (ive tested the phone and everything seems fine except it will not detect my sim card). They give me an option to repair for a price of about 250 us dollars for placing the mother board, unfortunately due to rooting the phone ive lost all my warranties. Any help or suggestion will be extremely appreciated. Thanks in advance

My question is that are there any other ways to restore its IMEI by fixing it my self, kinda under budget right now. The phone was partial new just got it last November.
I had the same problem, baseband was unknown and INEI appears as null\null.
I have flashed a new factory rom and it solve my problem.
Try to download several factory roms and flash them, it migth help.
Another option is flashing this fix:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/k3...ringBackup.zip

Good luck.
Samsung Galaxy S3
Android rom

Tonyipad2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagytb View Post
I had the same problem, baseband was unknown and INEI appears as null\null.
I have flashed a new factory rom and it solve my problem.
Try to download several factory roms and flash them, it migth help.
Another option is flashing this fix:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/k3...ringBackup.zip

Good luck.
Oh god thanks bro will give that a try

Tonyipad2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
****Follow up UPDATES: Well guys the problem has been fixed(half fixed actually), lmao it turns out the guys at the samsung repair centre flashed the wrong firmware into my system have no idea how he did it, KOT49h n9005ztuenb5 this is the version he flashed into my system. After i got home from the repair centre along with my phone today i flashed the N9005ZTUENE2 via odin and voilą it all came back to normal 250 dollars saved!!!! however lost my 32 sgcard, GPS problem still exists and took them a week plus 4 pohone calls to them to get back to me. any ways i am very happy right now /cheers GO Brazil !!!!!GO Brazil GO Brazil!!!!

antique_sonic
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyipad2 View Post
Hi there.
I follow this thread, but it is quite disappointing on the Samsung side.
I fully understand that you have rooted the device, and actually your warranty has been voided (legally).
BUT, from your story, unfortunately, it is not your mistake mate. Yes, you brought the device to be repaired regarding the GPS issue.
BUT again, not your mistakes to make it NULL IMEI. By right, the service center does the mistakes, they have to fix it without charges.

Anyway, glad to know you have fix back your IMEI by flashing the same firmware. congratulations
~WJ~
Learn.... Learn.... & Learn
Learn till you die, and you will die a happy man

Q & A for XNote Galaxy S5 (All Questions about X-Note Galaxy S5 PORT) :
[Q&A]X-Note G900F S5 PORT