Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 48,981 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't boot to recovery, apps and photos randomly deleting

Tip us?

g2theno
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Can't boot to recovery, apps and photos randomly deleting

Unfortunately this is one of those please help threads. I have gone back a forth flashing roms trying to find something i like and just having some fun with it. when i finally decided to go back to color os some strange things started happening.
1. I can longer boot into recovery by holding down power & Vol -
2. Apps randomly delete. the icons stay but i get an error message saying the app no longer exsits
3. The photo album will purge all photos after a couple reboots.

This isnt my first android phone or first time flashing roms. I can usually search my way out of most of the mistakes i make but i cannot figure this one out. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

tantrums
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,061

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2theno View Post
Unfortunately this is one of those please help threads. I have gone back a forth flashing roms trying to find something i like and just having some fun with it. when i finally decided to go back to color os some strange things started happening.
1. I can longer boot into recovery by holding down power & Vol -
2. Apps randomly delete. the icons stay but i get an error message saying the app no longer exsits
3. The photo album will purge all photos after a couple reboots.

This isnt my first android phone or first time flashing roms. I can usually search my way out of most of the mistakes i make but i cannot figure this one out. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I also messed up something to my find 7a and what I did is to go back to all stock. Meaning flash back stock recovery and stock ROM. Then I started to flash back custom recoveries and ROMs. All is fine now.

Hope this fixes your problem too.
The Following User Says Thank You to tantrums For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

g2theno
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrums View Post
I also messed up something to my find 7a and what I did is to go back to all stock. Meaning flash back stock recovery and stock ROM. Then I started to flash back custom recoveries and ROMs. All is fine now.

Hope this fixes your problem too.
I did try going back to complete stock. Thats when the problem actually started happening.

I flashed the stock recovery i downloaded from the oppo forums with fastboot. i then booted into the recovery which is still very difficult to get in to and flashed color os. it takes me like ten attempts before i get in. i then setup my phone for regular use. things seemed normal till that evening. when i tried launching a few apps and received error messages saying app wasn't installed. so i reinstalled them and then it happened again. i also launched the camera app a little later and realized the pictures i had taken were also gone.

When i am able to get into recovery i noticed there used to be a lot more folders under install zip from sdcard. now i only have maybe 5 to pick from when before there was probably 10 or more.

Thank you for your suggestion.

bobbydigital222
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2theno View Post
I did try going back to complete stock. Thats when the problem actually started happening.

I flashed the stock recovery i downloaded from the oppo forums with fastboot. i then booted into the recovery which is still very difficult to get in to and flashed color os. it takes me like ten attempts before i get in. i then setup my phone for regular use. things seemed normal till that evening. when i tried launching a few apps and received error messages saying app wasn't installed. so i reinstalled them and then it happened again. i also launched the camera app a little later and realized the pictures i had taken were also gone.

When i am able to get into recovery i noticed there used to be a lot more folders under install zip from sdcard. now i only have maybe 5 to pick from when before there was probably 10 or more.

Thank you for your suggestion.
It might be something to do with your sd card it might be corrupt, try putting it in a laptop and format or fix errors, but for your recovery issue, I would try fastboot installing all the recoveries til one works then make sure ur flashing the correct stock Tom and go from there

Sent from my X9077 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app