Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,725 Members 37,898 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please don't kick me for asking, but what happened to AOKP here?

Tip us?

camphurt
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle View Post
Not sure how you accomplished that but I tried and was told I would lose unlimited if I transfered my upgrade to another line. Aside from that I will probably continue to purchase developer devices being Samsung retail devices can no longer be rooted.
I actually order my phone online though verizon, not once but twice and was still able to keep my unlimited

Only In UpState New York

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,368

DONATE TO ME
Thats good to know, but you are still going to have to purchase a dev unit if you want root in the future. Or switch to Tmobile...rooting/rom's is going to be a thing of the past on VZW subsidized devices.
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE

mgftp
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle View Post
Thats good to know, but you are still going to have to purchase a dev unit if you want root in the future. Or switch to Tmobile...rooting/rom's is going to be a thing of the past on VZW subsidized devices.
How does this make good business sense for VZW? I guess the figure they will make more from preloaded bloat ware than the customers they lose because of it?

neyenlives
Old
Thanks Meter 480
I would say almost nobody decides to cancel service because their phone came with a few apps they don't want. It's a non-starter topic.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

czach5932
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I was also running rsl7 hyperdrive fine and decided to switch to rsl8 kit kat and had nothing but problems. Not complaining at all, I don't know how to compile a rom but I didn't feel like troubleshooting anything anymore. I tried using the nc4 modem on 4.3 but battery drain was about double of the mje modem. What I would suggest (if you want kit kat) is flash the pre-rooted stock nc2 (upgrade to nc4 modem if you wish, found I get better reception in the boondocks) and use xposed for all your modding desires. I found using Gravity box, wanam and xblast I could modify and add whatever I wanted without having features I didn't want or need. And with the addition of Apex I have even more control over my phone then what stock hyperdrive offered.
Samsung Note 3 - Xposed modified Kit Kat NC4
Samsung GT-I815 - PAC-man 23.0.0

bursthead
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by czach5932 View Post
I was also running rsl7 hyperdrive fine and decided to switch to rsl8 kit kat and had nothing but problems. Not complaining at all, I don't know how to compile a rom but I didn't feel like troubleshooting anything anymore. I tried using the nc4 modem on 4.3 but battery drain was about double of the mje modem. What I would suggest (if you want kit kat) is flash the pre-rooted stock nc2 (upgrade to nc4 modem if you wish, found I get better reception in the boondocks) and use xposed for all your modding desires. I found using Gravity box, wanam and xblast I could modify and add whatever I wanted without having features I didn't want or need. And with the addition of Apex I have even more control over my phone then what stock hyperdrive offered.
If you get a chance try out mj7. I'm getting really good signal coverage for band 4 with it running rsl8.