Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Please don't kick me for asking, but what happened to AOKP here?

OP LXative

9th June 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #21  
Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 11

44 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle

Not sure how you accomplished that but I tried and was told I would lose unlimited if I transfered my upgrade to another line. Aside from that I will probably continue to purchase developer devices being Samsung retail devices can no longer be rooted.

I actually order my phone online though verizon, not once but twice and was still able to keep my unlimited

Only In UpState New York
10th June 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #22  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Fort Wayne
Thanks Meter: 3,437

6,191 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thats good to know, but you are still going to have to purchase a dev unit if you want root in the future. Or switch to Tmobile...rooting/rom's is going to be a thing of the past on VZW subsidized devices.
10th June 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 2

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle

Thats good to know, but you are still going to have to purchase a dev unit if you want root in the future. Or switch to Tmobile...rooting/rom's is going to be a thing of the past on VZW subsidized devices.

How does this make good business sense for VZW? I guess the figure they will make more from preloaded bloat ware than the customers they lose because of it?
10th June 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 726

2,900 posts
More
I would say almost nobody decides to cancel service because their phone came with a few apps they don't want. It's a non-starter topic.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
12th June 2014, 06:22 AM   |  #25  
Flag Gretna
Thanks Meter: 30

192 posts
More
I was also running rsl7 hyperdrive fine and decided to switch to rsl8 kit kat and had nothing but problems. Not complaining at all, I don't know how to compile a rom but I didn't feel like troubleshooting anything anymore. I tried using the nc4 modem on 4.3 but battery drain was about double of the mje modem. What I would suggest (if you want kit kat) is flash the pre-rooted stock nc2 (upgrade to nc4 modem if you wish, found I get better reception in the boondocks) and use xposed for all your modding desires. I found using Gravity box, wanam and xblast I could modify and add whatever I wanted without having features I didn't want or need. And with the addition of Apex I have even more control over my phone then what stock hyperdrive offered.
12th June 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 4

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by czach5932

I was also running rsl7 hyperdrive fine and decided to switch to rsl8 kit kat and had nothing but problems. Not complaining at all, I don't know how to compile a rom but I didn't feel like troubleshooting anything anymore. I tried using the nc4 modem on 4.3 but battery drain was about double of the mje modem. What I would suggest (if you want kit kat) is flash the pre-rooted stock nc2 (upgrade to nc4 modem if you wish, found I get better reception in the boondocks) and use xposed for all your modding desires. I found using Gravity box, wanam and xblast I could modify and add whatever I wanted without having features I didn't want or need. And with the addition of Apex I have even more control over my phone then what stock hyperdrive offered.

If you get a chance try out mj7. I'm getting really good signal coverage for band 4 with it running rsl8.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread