Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,758 Members 46,404 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Error Rooting SM-G730A

Tip us?

texasgoldbuyer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Battery Low [Q] Error Rooting SM-G730A

Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to root my Samsung Galaxy S III SM-G730A AT&T Android JB 4.22 and keeps failing. Can't write files. I have use odin and at least 3 different files and always get the same error that it fails due to write protection error. I have did a hard reset and when I try to delete the cache partition that fails as well. I have looked and find noting to lead me in the direction as to what is wrong. Can someone please shed some lite on this for me. Here is a list of files I have tried so far.

SuperUser.zip

CF-Root-SGS3-v6.3.zip

Odin3-v1.87.zip

gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip

cm-11.0.0-tass-13042014.zip

As you can see I have bee busy. I am a computer technician and have unzipped and ran all files as I'm supposed too but nothing is working. The protected mode and failed mode is kicking my tail. Any input will be greatly appreciated...

Charles

tys0n
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgoldbuyer View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to root my Samsung Galaxy S III SM-G730A AT&T Android JB 4.22 and keeps failing. Can't write files. I have use odin and at least 3 different files and always get the same error that it fails due to write protection error. I have did a hard reset and when I try to delete the cache partition that fails as well. I have looked and find noting to lead me in the direction as to what is wrong. Can someone please shed some lite on this for me. Here is a list of files I have tried so far.

SuperUser.zip

CF-Root-SGS3-v6.3.zip

Odin3-v1.87.zip

gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip

cm-11.0.0-tass-13042014.zip

As you can see I have bee busy. I am a computer technician and have unzipped and ran all files as I'm supposed too but nothing is working. The protected mode and failed mode is kicking my tail. Any input will be greatly appreciated...

Charles
Hi. SM-G730 got a locked bootloader and won't be able to flash anything with odin except from official signed firmware untill someone find a way to unlock it.
You'll find root for it here

"Safe" method in post #125 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=125