Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,344 Members 46,852 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Advance replacement safe?

Tip us?

muneebrocks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default Advance replacement safe?

Basically I have a purple tint in my camera I am thinking of going for advance replacement but can HTC be trusted with a credit card hold or will they after recieving my phone which is in mint condition cry about some extremely minor flaw and say they wont remove the hold and charge me the amount of the new phone? Will I be stuck buying a new phone or is the advance replacement system nice and friendly?
PS my phone is bootloader unlocked from htc dev still s-on will that be a problem. I will obviously relock it and stock everything before returning it
Or should I s-off and then lock bootloader through other means so it shows bootloader locked not relocked?
Thank you for your help

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by muneebrocks View Post
Basically I have a purple tint in my camera I am thinking of going for advance replacement but can HTC be trusted with a credit card hold or will they after recieving my phone which is in mint condition cry about some extremely minor flaw and say they wont remove the hold and charge me the amount of the new phone? Will I be stuck buying a new phone or is the advance replacement system nice and friendly?
PS my phone is bootloader unlocked from htc dev still s-on will that be a problem. I will obviously relock it and stock everything before returning it
Or should I s-off and then lock bootloader through other means so it shows bootloader locked not relocked?
Thank you for your help
phone must be 100% stock for warranty, stock rom, recovery.... locked bootloader not relocked.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

muneebrocks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
phone must be 100% stock for warranty, stock rom, recovery.... locked bootloader not relocked.
so should I s-off and then remove the lock bootloader sign. Will they be able to tell my bootloader was unlocked then?
Or is making the phone s-off asking for trouble?