Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Stuck in TWRP recovery project in G2

OP brownbullet

5th February 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Hi out there looking for help with my G2 (D803) . I am new to all this rooting and TWRP stuff but been trying to learn and figure this out. I accepted some update after which the phone only boots into TWRP recovery project v2.6.3.2 now. Looks like I lost everything else (at least that is what I think has happened).

So I have been reading on the forums and learned about using ADB devices and getting the right rom from xda-developers (I am with Telus in Canada) - used http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476 - downloaded LG support tool and flash tool and drivers for phone and installed them all on the computer.

I first had trouble pushing the rom on to my phone (using ADB devices and ADB push commands) because the phone would just turn off while transferring and I could only regain access when the battery is fully drained (happens really fast now?) and I recharge (which seems to take forever now?).

I took the phone to a store and they did some tweaking (says SIMULATING ACTIONS on the title now below TWRP and version number) after which I could push the ROM (I did rename it on the computer) successfully on to the phone using "ADB push" in command prompt.

I proceeded to install the rom and it says successful but clearly it did not work. What I see is:

Finished running boot script.
E:storage partition '//TWRP/BACKUPS/018bf7ce0f4c6fa0' not found
simulation actions ...
updating partition details ...

but then I reboot and it goes back into TWRP.

I tried going through flashtool as well and followed the steps to install the kdz file but it seems like the computer is not connecting to the phone. But if i go to device manager the device shows and says working properly (i installed the drivers already) and you also hear the beep when plugging in the USB cable into the phone. again it also seems to connect through command prompt because i can push a file successfully.

I am getting worried that I am out of luck with this phone . Can anyone help or provide suggestions as to what I am doing wrong? Would really appreciate it. Thanks.
5th February 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbullet

Hi out there looking for help with my G2 (D803) . I am new to all this rooting and TWRP stuff but been trying to learn and figure this out. I accepted some update after which the phone only boots into TWRP recovery project v2.6.3.2 now. Looks like I lost everything else (at least that is what I think has happened).

So I have been reading on the forums and learned about using ADB devices and getting the right rom from xda-developers (I am with Telus in Canada) - used http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476 - downloaded LG support tool and flash tool and drivers for phone and installed them all on the computer.

I first had trouble pushing the rom on to my phone (using ADB devices and ADB push commands) because the phone would just turn off while transferring and I could only regain access when the battery is fully drained (happens really fast now?) and I recharge (which seems to take forever now?).

I took the phone to a store and they did some tweaking (says SIMULATING ACTIONS on the title now below TWRP and version number) after which I could push the ROM (I did rename it on the computer) successfully on to the phone using "ADB push" in command prompt.

I proceeded to install the rom and it says successful but clearly it did not work. What I see is:

Finished running boot script.
E:storage partition '//TWRP/BACKUPS/018bf7ce0f4c6fa0' not found
simulation actions ...
updating partition details ...

but then I reboot and it goes back into TWRP.

I tried going through flashtool as well and followed the steps to install the kdz file but it seems like the computer is not connecting to the phone. But if i go to device manager the device shows and says working properly (i installed the drivers already) and you also hear the beep when plugging in the USB cable into the phone. again it also seems to connect through command prompt because i can push a file successfully.

I am getting worried that I am out of luck with this phone . Can anyone help or provide suggestions as to what I am doing wrong? Would really appreciate it. Thanks.

I'm not entirely sure, but it sounds like everything in TWRP is being simulated, which would mean that no files are actually written. Try going into Settings in TWRP, uncheck the "Simulate actions" checkbox, and run the rom installation again.
The Following User Says Thank You to flutterguy317 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by flutterguy317

I'm not entirely sure, but it sounds like everything in TWRP is being simulated, which would mean that no files are actually written. Try going into Settings in TWRP, uncheck the "Simulate actions" checkbox, and run the rom installation again.

Thanks for the reply. It definitely did something because the installation process moves forward now. Now I get:

Zip signature verification failed: 1
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/telus.zip

also when i unclick zip file verification in setting i also see:

checking for MD5 file...
skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found

So problem with the zip file? I downloaded it off xda-developers but I renamed the file to Telus.zip and pushed it on to the phone in the sdcard directory.
Last edited by brownbullet; 5th February 2014 at 04:24 PM. Reason: spelling
5th February 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #4  
TheHaso's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 503
 
1,610 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Download the whole Rom and flash it

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
31st May 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #5  
bigpappapuff's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
100 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbullet

Thanks for the reply. It definitely did something because the installation process moves forward now. Now I get:

Zip signature verification failed: 1
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/telus.zip

also when i unclick zip file verification in setting i also see:

checking for MD5 file...
skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found

So problem with the zip file? I downloaded it off xda-developers but I renamed the file to Telus.zip and pushed it on to the phone in the sdcard directory.

you are a fxxxing genius thnx you so much
9th June 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
im going through the same thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpappapuff

you are a fxxxing genius thnx you so much

Can you help me out? The same thing with my G2 and i have no idea how to fix it.
9th June 2014, 09:25 AM   |  #7  
bender_007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,599
 
2,318 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris2312

Can you help me out? The same thing with my G2 and i have no idea how to fix it.

More info please.
11th June 2014, 06:20 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bender_007

More info please.

my g2 was was rooted and got an over the air update so now its just stuck in twrp and all of the memory got wiped so i dont know if its possible to fix it or if i have to get a new phone.
11th June 2014, 08:15 AM   |  #9  
bender_007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,599
 
2,318 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
There are a lot of threads for your issue. Will search for one when I'm on lap.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk





EDIT: There you go
Last edited by bender_007; 11th June 2014 at 09:19 AM. Reason: link added
12th June 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bender_007

There are a lot of threads for your issue. Will search for one when I'm on lap.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk





EDIT: There you go

Thank you

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes