[Q] Can't use download mode after CWM installation

OP K4stle-M

10th June 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
So, I've looked around quite a bit, and this is the first time I haven't found an answer by searching previous threads. If this question has already been asked then I apologize. It seems like a problem with an obvious solution, but I keep on searching around and can't find an answer!

Here we go:
I recently rooted my S-Blaze 4G using Odin to flash a tar.md5. No problem there. More recently, I installed CWM Recovery and Rom Manager in order to flash .zips. That also went fine, and my phone boots into CWM Recovery without a hitch. I've backed up my phone. I was getting ready to flash a T769UVLH5.tar.md5 (that's 4.0.4 -- upgrading from 2.3.6) using Odin so I could next try out CM. Lo and Behold, I can't seem to get into download mode anymore. Every time I try, all I get is CWM Recovery. I've looked around everywhere and can't find an option to boot into download mode, searched for an alternate key combo and I can't find one. CWM seems to only flash zips.

Am I doing something wrong? It seems so simple that no one else even has this problem... I guess I really am a noob
10th June 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #2  
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 490

1,471 posts
More
Are you trying to access dl mode while the phone is plugged in to the computer?
Are you trying to upgrade to the official ics build?
Why not just use recovery, wipe cache/dalvik, data and system and then flash cm (and gapps)?

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to njstein For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by njstein

Are you trying to access dl mode while the phone is plugged in to the computer?
Are you trying to upgrade to the official ics build?
Why not just use recovery, wipe cache/dalvik, data and system and then flash cm (and gapps)?

I read on the CM wiki that that's the only baseband supported or recommended for my phone. I'm going to read a little more before I flash any mods, though. I did figure it out. I can't believe I couldn't get it to work before, I feel really dumb. Anyway, thanks for your help!
Last edited by K4stle-M; 11th June 2014 at 06:42 AM.
11th June 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #4  
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 490

1,471 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4stle-M

I read on the CM wiki that that's the only baseband supported or recommended for my phone. I'm going to read a little more before I flash any mods, though. I did figure it out. I can't believe I couldn't get it to work before, I feel really dumb. Anyway, thanks for your help!

No, there are a few supported basebands out there. I believe in the Blaze Bible there's a link to them. I used the s2 baseband while I had my Blaze and it worked wonderfully!

12th June 2014, 08:15 AM   |  #5  
Frisco
Thanks Meter: 127

436 posts
More
Download mode is only accessible while the device is plugged into a computer via usb. Unless you are trying to return to stock or trying to upgrade to official ICS from official gingerbread download mode should not be needed for anything at this point. The only reason you would be using download mode is to return your device to its original factory settings. Customs recoveries can be used to flash different versions of android but be careful make sure you are using the correct recovery for the android version you are trying to flash... In other words you can't flash android 4.4.3 with a custom recovery that was built for gingerbread... If somehow you managed to flash it... You'll definitely run to some problems down the road... So just double check your recovery version... Radios/basebands can be flashed via recovery with a problem doesn't really matter what android version you are on ... Kernels are not the case tho, kernels are not a one size fits all like our blaze radios... Kernels built for our device are android version specific so don't flash a kernel built for ICS or KitKat or jellybean. There is a lot of info and resources here on the blaze general and development thread most questions can be answered using the blaze bible

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread