[Q] Fixing hard bricked phone and re-rooting.
Alright I'll just start from the beginning since this is just a long chain of ****ery
- Rooted my GS3
- Installed TWRP
- Installed Carbon-JB-NIGHTLY-20130824-0816-D2VZW which is a 4.3 JB rom.
- Attempted to install Revolutionary S5 V3 and KK gapps package at the same time.
- Hard bricked my phone.
- Used this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...not+authorized to get my phone to get to Odin.
- When attempting to boot phone outside of Odin it just stated that it was running not supported software (unlocked padlock that says custom)
- Went onto Samsung and downloaded a Stock 4.3 rom and flashed that with Odin.
- Started phone up and was unable to use terminal emulator (no root) to continue with fixes in above thread.
- Attempted to root using saferoot, unsuccessfully (updated kernel can't do it).
- Attempted to root using CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300, unsuccessfully.
- Attempted to root using Kingo, unsuccessfully.
- I do have Samsung Knox
So now that you're all up to speed to where I'm at, long story short, I need root access on this phone. It has no power button so I lock the screen with a root gesture control app. The back and menu buttons are non functioning so I use a custom UI that adds a back and menu button to the screen. Can ANYONE give me a way to get root back on this frankenstein of a phone? I've never changed a kernel before and I supposed that'd be my next step since I can't saferoot with the kernel I currently have and any thread that explains how I would go about doing it at my current state of ****ery
All help appreciated!