Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 45,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How waterproof?

Tip us?

darkz
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Got mine from Sony Store Canada and I've been taking mine into the shower daily to just clean the daily mess of bacteria it probably picks up and it's been fine. I've also been splashing and running water on it to show it off to friends and luckily it's still alright.

I even took a video with it sitting in the water
http://instagram.com/p/o8FhE-l4h9/

Hopefully I don't run into any issues like others have!

BaronVonDoon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I called EE who have a 14 day replacement policy should the phone be defective. On trying to explain to them, that the phone has water in it as it is somehow defective, they didn't want to know. 'Sorry sir, that's water damage and is not covered by warranty'...'But the phone only has water in it, as it's defective, as it's supposed to be water proof' This went on for many minutes, I asked to speak to a supervisor but they fobbed me off. So I escalated it to a complaint. The phone is even advertised on EE as waterproof.

Though I did before speak to Sony who said they would pick it up and fix it under warranty, though whether they try and wriggle out of this when they have the device is another matter.

Phone works fine, but there's clearly a lot of moisture around the camera lense on both sides and the flash. Plus the flaps keep filling up with moisture too. Gonna leave it in some rice tonight in the airing cupboard see it it drys out any.

olafs93
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonDoon View Post
I water tested my Z2 yesterday, that day I got it, flaps were firmly closed, and got my brother to take a photo of it. All seemed fine and well, until this morning, when I noticed the camera had fogged up, and the notification bar no longer works, I thought that might be an app, so I did a reset on it, and still doesn't work. On close examination of the top of the screen, there are slight streaks evident of water. Will post a pic when I made 10 posts

The white paper bits inside the sim slot is still white, and the one on the Micro SD slot looks white to me, there was however condensation on the inside of the flap. The flap was firmly closed, and both were checked before I put it in. Not a happy bunny
What white paper bits you are talking about? My z2 hasnt got the water detecting strips on any of the slots...
Is it just me ?

BaronVonDoon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by olafs93 View Post
What white paper bits you are talking about? My z2 hasnt got the water detecting strips on any of the slots...
Is it just me ?
Ye it has, but they are well hidden, there's a tiny white strip inside the sim slot, and there's another one inside the micro sd slot, but you have to pull the tray out to see it, but it's there.

SkyS1gn
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonDoon View Post
Ye it has, but they are well hidden, there's a tiny white strip inside the sim slot, and there's another one inside the micro sd slot, but you have to pull the tray out to see it, but it's there.
Holy **** i thought the same, but they are really there!

s_superman
Old
Thanks Meter 118
I shot over 100+ photos underwater yesterday
I approve the water-proofing
Own right now :

Xperia Z2 D6503

ROM :Stock 17.1.1.A.0.402
Kernel : Stock locked

One M7C Dual SIM 802w

ROM :Stock Sense 6.0 KitKat + Xposed
Kernel : Stock
HBOOT : Rumrunner S-OFF

Google NEXUS 4

ROM : Rooted Paranoid Android
Kernel : Franco + bponury TouchControl

Owned before :
HD2(Retired) EVO 3D (Dodgy screen\retired) Desire 600 Dual SIM (Sold - poor development) HTC One(Sold - Not enough memory)

If I helped you, dont forget to press Thanks