Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 43,955 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does anyone know of a WP 8/8.1 dyndns updater?

Tip us?

N!njaDuck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Does anyone know of a WP 8/8.1 dyndns updater?

Here is my scenario:

I have several locations that expose resources to over the public network for the purpose of monitoring (cameras, networks, etc.).

I secure access using multiple layers. In addition to the standard user name and login, I also do a reverse DNS check on my firewall to make sure the traffic is coming from either another one of my locations or my mobile phone. To accomplish this on my phone, I would need a dynamic DNS update client for my phone.

I know I can accomplish this by visiting the website and forcing an update, but I would rather have it automated.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mike
PM me if your are an excellent developer looking for work in the eastern US

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2643
The protocol isn't very complicated, so you could whip up such an app pretty easily if there isn't already one in the store. On the other hand, it's not the kind of thing most people would find useful. Even leaving aside the fact that Dyn just killed their free accounts, it's usually aimed at servers (game servers, remote desktop/ssh servers, VPN servers, home web servers, etc.) and one doesn't generally run a server on their phone.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.