OP XeeXee

9th June 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Y S5360. Firmware DDMD1
Want to install Hyperion on my Phone.
Operator: Vodafone

Q1: From what i'm reading i have interpreted that Hyperion 9 cannot be installed if my phone has firmware DDMD1. If this is not true, HOW do I install Hyperion9?

Q2: If this is true, whats the next best alternative?

Help & advice solicited. Thank you in advance!
9th June 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,469

4,594 posts
you can install it on any baseband the same way you install any other rom

if you loose imei make sure you are using the correct ril depending on your firmware/kernel combination
The Following User Says Thank You to marcussmith2626 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2014, 09:05 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Thumbs up Baseband DDMD1
i am using Hyperion 2014 on same baseband and do not face any problem....
working fine and smooth without any lag
Using with Hell's Fusion #50 Kernel
i am also from india

The Following User Says Thank You to nikhilrdm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2014, 10:08 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
How did the new Kernel Help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilrdm

i am using Hyperion 2014 on same baseband (DDMD1) and do not face any problem....
working fine and smooth without any lag
Using with Hell's Fusion #50 Kernel
i am also from india

Hi Nikhil

How did the Hells Fusion #50 kernel help you?

Would it be any different in performance of my phone if i just flashed the Hyperion 2014?

Or do you recommend Hells Fusion #50 definitely.

Appreciate your feedback.
10th June 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #5  
Flag Bhilai
Thanks Meter: 23

145 posts
More
A newbie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeeXee

Hi Nikhil

How did the Hells Fusion #50 kernel help you?

Would it be any different in performance of my phone if i just flashed the Hyperion 2014?

Or do you recommend Hells Fusion #50 definitely.

Appreciate your feedback.

I see that you're a new user in XDA. First let me explain what a kernel is. It's a piece of software which links your hardware to the software whereas a ROM is the software.

In Hyperion 9's thread you read that it is based upon DXMJ firmware. It's the firmware which he has modified and made this great ROM. You can flash it over any ROM, including stock which you have got, except the CM ones if you follow the instructions correctly. You have to flash the RIL fix from Hyperion 8's thread to get the networks working if you change your kernel.

As for your kernel question it is sometimes better than stock because you get more freqs, govs and ioscheds to customize your performance, battery life, etc. It also enables support for init.d scripts which can be used to speed up your phone.

You can use any custom kernel of your choice and Hells Fusion #50 is not a bad choice.

Good Luck flashing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sameer.n.soni For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #6  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 4

64 posts
More
Savie rev 73 is also gd ....

Sent from my GT-S5360 using XDA Free mobile app
12th June 2014, 09:55 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
S5360 on DDMD1; Hyperion 2014
Hi Guys,

Thank you again for the immediate reverts. I had successfully installed the Hyperion 2014. Not done anything else.

Phone worked perfectly for 2 days. My kid was playing with the phone when she probably touched something in the touch control tab next to the notification tab.

PROB: The screen is off but everything is working. Cannot see anything. It could be that the display light has become 0 or something else.

On rebooting the phone i can see the hyperion logo ... then thats it ..... its dark again!

SOS Help required!
12th June 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,469

4,594 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeeXee

Hi Guys,

Thank you again for the immediate reverts. I had successfully installed the Hyperion 2014. Not done anything else.

Phone worked perfectly for 2 days. My kid was playing with the phone when she probably touched something in the touch control tab next to the notification tab.

PROB: The screen is off but everything is working. Cannot see anything. It could be that the display light has become 0 or something else.

On rebooting the phone i can see the hyperion logo ... then thats it ..... its dark again!

SOS Help required!

sounds like screen brightness is 0

Hyperion from memory has a hidden brightness slider - if you hold your finger on the status bar as if you are going to expand it but instead of sliding your finger down to expand it you slide it left the screen with get darker and if you slide it right the screen will get brighter

The problem you will have is if you have a screen lock you will have to enter that in before you can get to the status bar
You can remove the screen lock easily if you have to - search how to

Else you will have to format data in cwm and everything will revert to default however you will loose all user data

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread