Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 40,760 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is there a way to test if all 6 cores can work simultaneously?

Tip us?

BoneXDA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1069
Default Is there a way to test if all 6 cores can work simultaneously?

Is there an app or setting that shows me if HMP works correctly, and all cores can be used at one time?

Samavb
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Default App name - CPU stats - Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneXDA View Post
Is there an app or setting that shows me if HMP works correctly, and all cores can be used at one time?
In play store there is an app called CPU stats. Below is the link

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...takke.cpustats

Using this application you can check how many cores are active at a given time and what % of CPU is being used.

There are many applications which are similar to this but I found this one quiet useful.

Hope it serves your purpose.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samavb View Post
In play store there is an app called CPU stats. Below is the link

Using this application you can check how many cores are active at a given time and what % of CPU is being used.

There are many applications which are similar to this but I found this one quiet useful.

Hope it serves your purpose.
P.S. What is HMP ?

BoneXDA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samavb View Post
P.S. What is HMP ?
From Samsung:

Exynos 5 Hexa is designed to bring optimal performance and power efficiency which are increasingly required in the mid to high-end mobile market. Hexa, as its name suggests, is powered by six CPU cores; two 1.7GHz Cortex® -A15™ cores and four 1.3GHz Cortex® -A7™ cores. Exynos 5 Hexa is one of the first Exynos Processors to embrace the power of Heterogeneous Multi-Processing (HMP). The HMP technology simply allows the Hexa to seamlessly select the right processor type and the right number of cores for any given task resulting in optimum performance while prolonging battery life. With HMP enabled, Exynos 5 Hexa can run various combinations of cores ranging from just one to all six providing up to 42% improved performance from Exynos 5 Dual but with better power efficiency.

Basically this means any number of cores can run at any combination. I wanna know if the Exynos 5 Hexa actually uses the ability, will check the app, thx.

filthykid
Old
Thanks Meter 80
You don't trust Samsung

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo - SM-N7505 (Bought: 09-June-2014) [Loving it]
Google Nexus 4 (Bought: 03-Dec-2012)
[Nothing short of nightmare. Kind of slow poison]

Samavb
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Default Nice explanation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneXDA View Post
From Samsung:

Exynos 5 Hexa is designed to bring optimal performance and power efficiency which are increasingly required in the mid to high-end mobile market. Hexa, as its name suggests, is powered by six CPU cores; two 1.7GHz Cortex® -A15™ cores and four 1.3GHz Cortex® -A7™ cores. Exynos 5 Hexa is one of the first Exynos Processors to embrace the power of Heterogeneous Multi-Processing (HMP). The HMP technology simply allows the Hexa to seamlessly select the right processor type and the right number of cores for any given task resulting in optimum performance while prolonging battery life. With HMP enabled, Exynos 5 Hexa can run various combinations of cores ranging from just one to all six providing up to 42% improved performance from Exynos 5 Dual but with better power efficiency.

Basically this means any number of cores can run at any combination. I wanna know if the Exynos 5 Hexa actually uses the ability, will check the app, thx.
Hi,

Thank you for nice explanation. I am using Note 3 Neo N750 and installed the CPU states application. It shows all the 6 cores with varying %. I don't know if that application is what you are searching for but it is worth a try.

I received my Note 3 Neo yesterday and smoothness is clearly felt. Hexa core seems to be working well.

Please have a look.

one more app - CPU monitor

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rocessProfiler

This app will give you more detailed information.

Thanks,