Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,940 Members 46,173 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[IDEA] Extending DOT VIEW Notifications For Other Apps

Tip us?

MohammadAG
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4795

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
XDA rules state if you offer something on XDA that is paid, there must be a free version available as well. It must have similar functionality to the paid version. To that end I'd suggest one of two things. Either open a thread in the themes and apps section that would offer a free version with a donate option etc. The free version could offer similar functionality as the paid version. If there is no free version available, this thread would have to be closed.

Many thanks,

Ghost
A free version right now would alienate/piss off the users who purchased it, so no plans for that now.

I'd say keep the thread open since it's not mine. However, I won't discuss my module here anymore.
Follow me on Twitter: @MohammadAG
Google+: https://plus.google.com/103508952817353883168/posts

Check out my Xposed modules.
Send files with Android Beamô on Android 4.1+: File Beam (Touch to Send)
Enable USB Mass Storage Mode on Samsung devices with SG USB Mass Storage Enabler.
Use your flashlight at different brightness levels with Adjustable Torch.
Enable Music Controls on your S-View screen with S-View Music Controls

p50kombi
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Ok, so where can the users who have paid for the module discuss it then?

Sent from a tin of baked beans using some chewing gum, tinfoil, a piece of string and a manual written by MacGyver

Live long and prosper... or something like that... maybe..
If you'd like to of course...ahh who cares anyway.....do what you like!!!

Using HTC ONE M8, unbranded, S-Off and Super-CID on EE UK Network
ROM: ARHD 10.x
Kernel: Elementalx
Radio: the one that comes with the latest ARHD rom

GelullaBarr
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
A free version right now would alienate/piss off the users who purchased it, so no plans for that now.

I'd say keep the thread open since it's not mine. However, I won't discuss my module here anymore.
you can offer free version but with limited functionality, just battery percentage and the option to open only one page with only the option to add contacts, no app, no music, no game, no other kull stuff..I don't mind even I paid, because I have more pages and the option to use music and the option to play snake and more pages to add contacts..I think you should try that, it will be better for you, more advertising, more confidence in your app because they will test iti for free.

Chris_c81
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Damn it's militant in here sometimes!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

shorty1483
Old
Thanks Meter 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by GelullaBarr View Post
you can offer free version but with limited functionality, just battery percentage and the option to open only one page with only the option to add contacts, no app, no music, no game, no other kull stuff..I don't mind even I paid, because I have more pages and the option to use music and the option to play snake and more pages to add contacts..I think you should try that, it will be better for you, more advertising, more confidence in your app because they will test iti for free.
+1

Also don't care as Full User if a free version would be released. It would be much sad not to have a proper discussion platform for talk, bug reports and feature requests / news here.

HTC One (M8) - ViperOne - ElementalX or Faux Kernel - Viper4Android FX - S-Off - FW 2.22.401.4 - SUPERCID - Root
Galaxy SIII - Now for the wife - Resurrection Remix - Boeffla Kernel - Viper4Android FX - Root

If I helped, press thanks...

jm700wx
Old
Thanks Meter 47
As a paid user I'm perfectly fine with the free version having the same features. I'm happy to spend the $2 to support the development.

rider5512
Old
Thanks Meter 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm700wx View Post
As a paid user I'm perfectly fine with the free version having the same features. I'm happy to spend the $2 to support the development.
I agree totally

some days you are the bug........ other days you are the windscreen !

ARHD 10.x Flashing Information

HTC One M8 (s-off)...... Rom: ARHD 10.2 (2.22.401.4)
Nexus 5...................... Rom: Stock KTU84P (4.4.4) rooted
Nexus 7 (2013)............ Rom: Stock KTU84P (4.4.4) rooted

TyanColte
Old
(Last edited by TyanColte; 10th June 2014 at 06:49 AM.) Reason: Posting Error Log File
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I just saw this tonight and instantly bought it, this was exactly what i was looking for when i searched google for "HTC Dot View More Apps" so that was an insta-buy for me off the bat. 2 Things tho, @MohammadAG found a small bug, when i play snake and then pause it, the second tap on the HTC logo wouldn't close it, i opened the case to make it go away and when i did that and closed it again whenever i double tap the screen i see the time and date but snake is still playing coz i can feel the snake dying (vibration). Also add me to the list of it working (Despite the bug). I'm running a AT&T M8 with a full RUU GPE conversion, S-Off and the whole 9 yards. Thanks for an amazing mod.

Error Log

Ghost
Old
Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3852
Moderator information

After some discussion with the moderating team we have decided to close this thread.

The only app that was provided did not fall under XDA rules. As no further development for dot view case is occurring in this thread we have now closed it.

Many thanks,

Ghost

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe