Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more
Post Reply

[Q] CM11 on HTCExplorer - Phone internal memory very low

OP wyswyg

12th June 2014, 06:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Hi

I have my HTCExplorer(pico) hosting a 16GB SDcard of 12GB+fat32+primary and 2GB+ext3+primary+sd-ext label partitions.

I have installed CM11 RC1 ROm on my phone, as described in the first page of the ROM development thread. But still without any additional apps installed I'm left with 25MB internal memory only.

What I did .....
1. copied the ROM and GAPPS to my SDCard from my laptop
2. Reboot into recovery
3. wipe all data/factory reset
4. mount sd-ext partition
5. installed the ROM
6. reboot the phone
7. after the first reboot, again rebooted to recovery
8. now this time installed GAPPs
9. again reboot the phone

Now, only 25MB left in my phones internal memory. Seems like the int2ext script is not working which is included in the ROM (I believe).
12th June 2014, 06:52 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 468
 
952 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyswyg

Hi

I have my HTCExplorer(pico) hosting a 16GB SDcard of 12GB+fat32+primary and 2GB+ext3+primary+sd-ext label partitions.

I have installed CM11 RC1 ROm on my phone, as described in the first page of the ROM development thread. But still without any additional apps installed I'm left with 25MB internal memory only.

What I did .....
1. copied the ROM and GAPPS to my SDCard from my laptop
2. Reboot into recovery
3. wipe all data/factory reset
4. mount sd-ext partition
5. installed the ROM
6. reboot the phone
7. after the first reboot, again rebooted to recovery
8. now this time installed GAPPs
9. again reboot the phone

Now, only 25MB left in my phones internal memory. Seems like the int2ext script is not working which is included in the ROM (I believe).

You need to use mounts2sd or Put a script.. In init,d folder and restart.. Your memory will be increased..

Dont know how to copy paste script : Check here
12th June 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Thank you for your reply.

But AFAIK, the sd-ext script is already included in the ROM as this post says.

So, if the script is there it should work. Anyway I'll try your methods today and will post the results here.
12th June 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 468
 
952 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyswyg

Thank you for your reply.

But AFAIK, the sd-ext script is already included in the ROM as this post says.

So, if the script is there it should work. Anyway I'll try your methods today and will post the results here.

Yes i agree its already there i think you will find that in settings-> extras(I dont remeber that much but it is there only) mounts sd-ext something like that.. Tick on it see if that increases AFAIK it does increase the memory..
The Following User Says Thank You to shubhojit89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 12:18 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhojit89

Yes i agree its already there i think you will find that in settings-> extras(I dont remeber that much but it is there only) mounts sd-ext something like that.. Tick on it see if that increases AFAIK it does increase the memory..

OMG! Man, you nailed it on the head.
Many thanks to you.

Just goto Settings -> Device ->Extra > Enable sd-ext for /data, that's it. Now I'm enjoying my 2GB internal memory

But apart from this, I can see the speaker sound is very low (in calls) even if it is at 100% as compared to my previous MiniCM9 ROM.
Any pointer champs?
12th June 2014, 12:25 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 468
 
952 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyswyg

OMG! Man, you nailed it on the head.
Many thanks to you.

Just goto Settings -> Device ->Extra > Enable sd-ext for /data, that's it. Now I'm enjoying my 2GB internal memory

But apart from this, I can see the speaker sound is very low (in calls) even if it is at 100% as compared to my previous MiniCM9 ROM.
Any pointer champs?

I think there is no workaround for low volume on the ROM and none of the users reported the sound being low.. So to Say there is no workaround for it..

Well another thing i would like say.. The default script is int2ext+ which leaves /data to /data and app to /ext..
If you are the user who uses apps alot at some point of time you will face low memory notification.. So for that you need to use int2ext.. You will find the script and method in 2nd post.
The Following User Says Thank You to shubhojit89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Pico (Explorer) Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank