Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 41,588 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Urgent help needed!] Downloading after flashing TWRP?

Tip us?

dalanik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 196
Default [Urgent help needed!] Downloading after flashing TWRP?

Hello,

I tried to update my recovery from Phils 5.x to TWRP. SO recomended way was to use goomanager. I tried and it downloaded image and got stuck at checking MD5. Ao I waited and after a while killed the process and downloaded recovery in zip format (openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0-t03gub.zip) and flashed it from my Phils.

After that, my phone booted with black screen with green android logo saying "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!"

What do I do?????

Thanx!!

dalanik
Old
(Last edited by dalanik; 12th June 2014 at 10:13 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 196
EDIT:

OK, to reply to myself

Tried flashing TWRP from recovery (zip) from Odin (tar), no go. Tried flashing latest Phils' - no go. But I successfuly flashed older Phils' (v5.x) and it works OK.

After this success I againg tried latest Phils', but it just reports failed. Will try to update it from recovery (zip), see what happens....

any clues welcome

OK, managed to install latest Phils' but the strange thing is that after installing zip, I did "reboot recovery" and it rebooted to download mode...??? After I turned it off and back on it booted correctly to updated recovery....

Still weird I can't seem to install TWRP....

Which file should I choose i.e. if I'm installing it from Phils'? There are several possibilities I have standard intl N7100:

openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0-t03g.zip
openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0-t03gduoszn.zip
openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0-t03gub.zip

? I suppose the 1st one?

singhpratik87
Old
Thanks Meter 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalanik View Post

Which file should I choose i.e. if I'm installing it from Phils'? There are several possibilities I have standard intl N7100:

openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0-t03g.zip
openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0-t03gduoszn.zip
openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0-t03gub.zip

? I suppose the 1st one?
Ya use the t03g one , and you can flash 2.7.0. or 2.7.0.2 ,I haven't tested the latest TWRP version so not sure if it's working right or not.Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to singhpratik87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

verny94
Old
Thanks Meter 73
I am using TWRP 2.7.0.0 and works fine
Ive instaled via TWRP Manager. Just flashed img file
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Omega ROM (4.3) v59; Boeffla kernel 5.3; TWRP recovery; Nova launcher Prime; S5 theme; Xposed
Hit a thanks button, when I helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to verny94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]