Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,232 Members 38,222 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is this soft brick?

Tip us?

xlmama
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
During any of your adventures with flashing on this phone, did the cap buttons begin working again at all? My thought is definitely that it's a hardware issue. The digitizer would be the culprit, but, do not attempt to separate the digitizer from the LCD, it will result in one or both of the items being destroyed. You'll need to buy the LCD + digitizer as a set.

Sent from my Evita
At most the cap. buttons will light up / flash when the phone does a particular action, but no actual response or input of the cap. buttons registers. I'm going to order the digitizer from the link above and hope for the best. It doesn't clearly say it, but I'm assuming it does come with the digi + screen in one.
HTC One XL - HBoot 1.09 | SuperCID | S-OFF and all the other mumbo-jumbo done.
ROM: ViperXL 3.2.3 + ElemenalX 4.4 Vanilla

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,862

DONATE TO ME
I think you're wasting your money, that looks like it's only the digitizer. You can't separate them without destroying at least one.

Sent from my Evita
OnePlus One | crDroid/AK.033 | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!

xlmama
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
I think you're wasting your money, that looks like it's only the digitizer. You can't separate them without destroying at least one.

Sent from my Evita
Hmm, thats a bummer.

On another note. I just picked up the phone and unlocked it and it started vibrating like crazy, opened up the message (sms) app and started inputing random keys on the onscreen keyboard. Definitly something malfunctional with the screen. Bottom cap keys not working and random bouts of the screen randomly inputing.
HTC One XL - HBoot 1.09 | SuperCID | S-OFF and all the other mumbo-jumbo done.
ROM: ViperXL 3.2.3 + ElemenalX 4.4 Vanilla

marknoll
Old
Thanks Meter 53
The vibe crazy thing sounds like what happened to me on an inspire. Flashed wrong firmware

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk