[Q] bootloop on i9506 (ks01lte)

OP kopi_b

11th June 2014, 10:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
hi!

yesterday i followed these instructions to flash philz touch 5 (cwm base version: v6.0.3.7) onto a fresh galaxy s4 using odin and then rooted it by installing the two zip files in recovery mode. this worked really well. after using my phone for a while, i really missed the pure android experience and wanted to flash a custom rom from aokp. so i made these steps
  1. download custom rom for i9506 (unified version)
  2. make a nandroid backup of the original rom
  3. wipe data/factory reset -> clean to install a new rom
  4. install zip from sdcard -> select the previously downloaded custom rom
unfortunately i immediately got an error that my phone is not supported by this rom, since it is the ks01lte and not a jflte or jflte***. first i thought that's unpleasant but not a real problem since i have a nandroid backup. so i made a normal factory reset and restored the backup i made before. after it was successfully finished, i rebootet the phone. but since then i don't get passed the white samsung lettering after the blueish circle animation.

thanks for any help or tiny hint.
12th June 2014, 01:50 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
hi!

fixed it by my self. in case some one runs into the same problem:
i flashed the correct original firmware from here with odin. after that it took a while for the first boot and i had constant force closes. after a full wipe in the original recovery everything was fine again. then i rootet it again. now i've to find another custom rom which actually supports my model and delivers the pure android experience without that touchwiz cr...

thanks, kopi
The Following User Says Thank You to kopi_b For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloop, i9506
Previous Thread Next Thread