Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,646 Members 46,401 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Very strange problem, won't charge or power on

Tip us?

nfsking2
Old
(Last edited by nfsking2; 11th June 2014 at 04:08 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Very strange problem, won't charge or power on

I got my Sprint M8 just few hours ago, rooted, .S-ON.

At first it worked fine, but after left it in my pocket for about 30 min with about 45% battery power, the phone powered down by itself, and there was no way to power it on again.

I tried to charge the phone with the stock charger for more than 3 hrs, the screen was always showing an empty battery logo with a flash icon inside, no green charging indicator, and the orange LED beside the speaker was blinking all the time.

I also tried to push Power+Vol up for more than 20 seconds, still nothing happened.

Is anyone know how to fix this?

GermanGuy
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsking2 View Post
I got my Sprint M8 just few hours ago, rooted, .S-ON.

At first it worked fine, but after left it in my pocket for about 30 min with about 45% battery power, the phone powered down by itself, and there was no way to power it on again.

I tried to charge the phone with the stock charger for more than 3 hrs, the screen was always showing an empty battery logo with a flash icon inside, no green charging indicator, and the orange LED beside the speaker was blinking all the time.

I also tried to push Power+Vol up for more than 20 seconds, still nothing happened.

Is anyone know how to fix this?
Push Power + Vol up again, but this time hold the phone under a bright light, in particular the area of the front camera and sensor needs to be under the light. Keep holding down until it reboots.
AT&T HTC One M8

v-b-n
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 730

DONATE TO ME
20 seconds isn't enough ... once I had to hold it for about a min before it jumped back to life
Current Devices : HTC One, iPhone 5
Retired : HTC Diamond2, HTC HD2, HTC Sensation XE, HTC Sensation XL 16GB, Motorola Razr, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Xperia S, Xperia V, HOX+, HTC Butterfly, Galaxy S4

nfsking2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-b-n View Post
20 seconds isn't enough ... once I had to hold it for about a min before it jumped back to life
Try to hold it for more than 5 min and no chance to boot it.