Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,164 Members 49,841 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sprint M7--Stuck on HTC logo after Sense 6 update

Tip us?

FlynnLives
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt [Q] Sprint M7--Stuck on HTC logo after Sense 6 update

Greetings.

I recently attempted to install Sprint's OTA update for the stock ROM on my phone. However, I had TWRP installed, so the update could not complete. I installed the stock recovery, but the update failed, stating that it could not find one of the .apk files. After that, the phone boots to the lock screen, but displays nothing but a green HTC logo on a white screen when I try to unlock the phone, repeatedly displaying "Unfortunately, Qualcomm Enhanced Location Services has stopped." After about 2 minutes on this screen, the phone reboots, with no user input.

I have no usable Nandroid backup (lost the password), and don't know what to do to make my phone usable again.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. One other peculiarity I noticed, when researching my issue, is that "fastboot getvar version-main" does not return a value. This doesn't seem normal to me. Could something have gone wrong with a firmware update as part of the OTA?

Jakeuten
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlynnLives View Post
Greetings.

I recently attempted to install Sprint's OTA update for the stock ROM on my phone. However, I had TWRP installed, so the update could not complete. I installed the stock recovery, but the update failed, stating that it could not find one of the .apk files. After that, the phone boots to the lock screen, but displays nothing but a green HTC logo on a white screen when I try to unlock the phone, repeatedly displaying "Unfortunately, Qualcomm Enhanced Location Services has stopped." After about 2 minutes on this screen, the phone reboots, with no user input.

I have no usable Nandroid backup (lost the password), and don't know what to do to make my phone usable again.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. One other peculiarity I noticed, when researching my issue, is that "fastboot getvar version-main" does not return a value. This doesn't seem normal to me. Could something have gone wrong with a firmware update as part of the OTA?
I'd say download a custom rom for temporary use like cm or pa and find the stock sense 6 rom for your phone and flash when you find it.

sent from a stock AT&T Galaxy S III LTE
MODEL:Galaxy S III
VERSION: SGH-I747
RECOVERY:Stock
ANDROID:4.3
ROM/BUILD:JSS15J.I747UCUEMJB (Rooted)
KERNEL:KERNEL:3.0.31-2024954 (Stock)
The Following User Says Thank You to Jakeuten For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FlynnLives
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeuten View Post
I'd say download a custom rom for temporary use like cm or pa and find the stock sense 6 rom for your phone and flash when you find it.

sent from a stock AT&T Galaxy S III LTE
I just downloaded and installed CyanogenMod, but now the baseband version and IMEI are both "unknown", so I can't connect to the cell network. fastboot getvar all still shows the proper IMEI, however.

FlynnLives
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I was able to find a Sense 6 ROM and flash it, and that worked. Thanks.