Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 38,031 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] flash player on Galaxy S5

Tip us?

almondecks
Old
(Last edited by almondecks; 11th June 2014 at 04:12 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] flash player on Galaxy S5

Can you get flash player to work on the Sprint galaxy S5. V 4.4.2. Rooted stock rom. Cant get it to work using dolfin browser with jet pack. Flash content wont work on web sites that direct you too YouTube, have to use the YouTube app. Wont work on face book links. Wont work on apps like "kid mode" that play flash content. I have tried installing flash archives 11.1-81, with no luck. Also trying to get wifi teher to work on 4.4.2 also. Help appreciated. Thanks

chrispyutec
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by almondecks View Post
Can you get flash player to work on the Sprint galaxy S5. V 4.4.2. Rooted stock rom. Cant get it to work using dolfin browser with jet pack. Flash content wont work on web sites that direct you too YouTube, have to use the YouTube app. Wont work on face book links. Wont work on apps like "kid mode" that play flash content. I have tried installing flash archives 11.1-81, with no luck. Also trying to get wifi teher to work on 4.4.2 also. Help appreciated. Thanks
Seems to work fine for me. Have you turned on flash in the web content setting in Dolphin?
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Current Phones: Note 3, S4, AT&T S5, TMO S5, & LG G2 . Yes, I'm a phone junkie because I switch between all of my phones and never let them totally die.

Phones sitting on standby in a drawer: iCrap5, iCrap4, Note 1, SGS2, HTC Vivid, Note 2, S3, LG G Pro

My one and only tablet....The awesome Galaxy note 10.1

eortizr
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Flash works fine with Firefox, if you want to use Dolphin , you need to also install the Jetpack and a hacked version of Flash not just the regular one from Flash Archive.

Just google 'Dolphin hack flash'
Please hit 'Thanks' if I helped you.

almondecks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes I have flash turned on in dolphin. On demand, always on. Still nothing. I try to down load the dolphin flash hack and this is what I get on my phone and pc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-11-13-17-19.png
Views:	101
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	2793107  

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4,373

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yes I have flash turned on in dolphin. On demand, always on. Still nothing. I try to down load the dolphin flash hack and this is what I get on my phone and pc.
Do you still need it? I have it on my S4. You got that page because dropbox was getting too many hits for a "personal" cloud space.

jopat
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Is it the same with your pc? Judging from the screenshot you posted and your statement that it also happens in your pc may mean that you were the one who violated Google's terms of service. Flash will work on any pc (version-specific disregarded). Maybe you should try to contact Google and let them explain to you the reason behind it.

myKale
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Here is a dropbox link from DF

https://www.dropbox.com/s/48engz1qvn...yer.11.1-1.apk

If it still doesnt work, make sure you uninstall all flash then re-install.

Also, Dolphin website has it too.

Dolphin.com/lab/en
The Following User Says Thank You to myKale For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mohannad-K
Old
(Last edited by Mohannad-K; 12th June 2014 at 09:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 12
I think ur problem from ad block ...like adfree or adblock plus

If u use one of them stop them and restore default then delete them

Use adway app its doesn't have YouTube content issue
Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Mohannad-K For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

almondecks
Old
(Last edited by almondecks; 12th June 2014 at 04:52 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by myKale View Post
Here is a dropbox link from DF

https://www.dropbox.com/s/48engz1qvn...yer.11.1-1.apk

If it still doesnt work, make sure you uninstall all flash then re-install.

Also, Dolphin website has it too.

Dolphin.com/lab/en
Awesome it finally works. Its working in dolphin and other 3rd party apps. Thanks for the download.