Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,303 Members 53,076 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Private Place Secret SMS and calls on M8

Tip us?

rootcid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Sign Private Place Secret SMS and calls on M8

Hi guys. Im going to china next week and i am hoping to pick up a new M8! Im also considering the Z2 as i know for a fact that Private Place is working on the sony.

Its a special app made for keeping phone logs and messages away from family eyes. Like a separate phone book and phone/ messaging app.

For me this is a number 1 priority app i cannot live without. I would very much appreciate if someone gave it a try and reported back on if it is working correctly:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...urity.firewall

Please please test it with sense messenger and with hangouts if you can. On my nexus its working on hangouts but only if message threadd are initiated from Private Places internal composer.

M8 is like $100 cheaper than the Z1 at shanghai tech markets so i really want to go with it (and its metal woo), but ill take the sony of there is trouble with call Privacy.

Thank you!

rootcid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Anyone guys? I need to know please please please, it'll take just two minutes to check!!!

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

jaimeletelierhay
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Works

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jaimeletelierhay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

syaoran68
Old
Thanks Meter 122

DONATE TO ME
be careful with the HTC one m8s from china. they might be knockoffs...
HTC One m8: Viper.always.

Nexus7 8gb: CMX.1 nightlies

Retired: HTC One M7/HTC Evo 4g LTE / HTC MyTouch4G / Apple Iphone 3g 16gb / Blackberry Tour 9600 / HTC Mogul(6800) / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Touch Pro2
The Following User Says Thank You to syaoran68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rootcid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by syaoran68 View Post
be careful with the HTC one m8s from china. they might be knockoffs...
I will! I did read that somewhere. My experience in hong kong was excellent, and I assume any brand new HTC products would be imported from there, much the same as in Russia and Europe.

The problem is usually that they have only one or two handsets in the entire "market", and they rarely unseal the phones.

I'm probably better off just getting it off alibaba or in Moscow, but I'm not comfortable with paying $800 so I guess I'll just have to de!and that they show me the phone.

rootcid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Woohoo! Just got back with a m8 of my own! Now to root it 😊

Tags
hide calls, hide sms, private, secure