[Q] Restore IMEI xt912(nobody answers on the original thread)

22nd January 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Please dont delete this thread. There are no replies on the original thread posted on the right forum so I had no choice but posting it here.

I have a motorola Razr xt-912 that was working fine a couple of months back and suddenly one day (battery got 0) when I recharged to wake it up, it started rebooting again and again. It later occurred to me that bad IMEI or ESN make devices reboot. I checked the IMEI and it was empty, same for ESN. I went to all the famous android workshops in the city and after trying different things on it for a couple of days each of them returned saying that no one in the city can make it work. Now I googled a bit and found cdmatools but I am not able to get it started.

Now, I have the phone which no one in the city can fix. It just has to have its IMEI restored and this seems like impossible task till now. I need your help guys. I had this phone from the start and dont want to throw this beauty. Its not about its value in money any more.
11th June 2014, 02:45 AM   |  #2  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 8

164 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trsiddiqui1989

Please dont delete this thread. There are no replies on the original thread posted on the right forum so I had no choice but posting it here.

I have a motorola Razr xt-912 that was working fine a couple of months back and suddenly one day (battery got 0) when I recharged to wake it up, it started rebooting again and again. It later occurred to me that bad IMEI or ESN make devices reboot. I checked the IMEI and it was empty, same for ESN. I went to all the famous android workshops in the city and after trying different things on it for a couple of days each of them returned saying that no one in the city can make it work. Now I googled a bit and found cdmatools but I am not able to get it started.

Now, I have the phone which no one in the city can fix. It just has to have its IMEI restored and this seems like impossible task till now. I need your help guys. I had this phone from the start and dont want to throw this beauty. Its not about its value in money any more.

same here
when i dial *#06# it didnt show the IMEI number
12th June 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Dont waste time
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlebors

same here
when i dial *#06# it didnt show the IMEI number

Dont waste time in fixing this. I wasted a lot of time on this as well. I now use it as a tablet with Aviator Gummy ROM ( KitKat 4.4 ) installed on it. I have heard that telecom companies block your sim if you try to run it with a phone with bad/no imei. Havent tried it though. If you actually want to fix it, buy a broken xt912's board and replace it with yours. It will hardly cost around 20$-30$
12th June 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #4  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 8

164 posts
Donate to Me
More
thx for replying..
I'm using other gsm &cdma simcards instead of Verizon's sim card

if I replace the board with xt912 (not maxx version), would the board fit on the housing?
is there any differences between razr & razr maxx? other than battery.
Last edited by zlebors; 12th June 2014 at 05:40 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread