Stuck at Google Screen won't do anything HELP

OP Cr8zyJay

12th June 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Ok I'm pretty good with Windows but I know nothing at all about Android. So I got this tablet off a site the guy said it needed a new motherboard which I never heard of. He said he didn't do anything to it it just stopped loading one day.

So I go all over and find all the little tricks to try and make it work. I did the power and volume button thing. I tried to reset it with the Rootkit program. I even tried to get SDK but that won't run on my PC for some reason.

Anyway what is happening is the tablet gets stuck on the Google word. I see nothing before that and it stays on that forever. I waited 15 minutes and nothing. When I try the rootkit program it gets stuck when it tries to reboot. The tablet just never turns back on. I can get it to boot into the bootloader screen. But nothing after that is functional. So what are my options here? If any. I'm hoping I can fix it. I am pretty quick at picking stuff up but this one is really stumping me.

Any help or advice or direction would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

Ok so when I do the Soft Brick Flash Stock + Unroot everything works up until the command prompt attempts to reboot. It turns off and never turns back on The last paragraph of the cmd prompt reads as follows and is what may be the issue. It reads

sending 'bootloader' <2100kb>
FAILED <remote: Bootloader is locked.>
finished. total time:0.145s
rebooting into bootloader...
OKAY [ 0.020s]

So I'm thinking it has something to do with this FAILED section as everything else works with no issues. Also after this I'm stuck at the < waiting for device > and my tablet doesn't power back on. I have a 100% charge and did all the driver stuff first.

Any ideas?????

Nexus 7 2012
12th June 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #2  
Sunset, Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 91

260 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr8zyJay

Ok I'm pretty good with Windows but I know nothing at all about Android. So I got this tablet off a site the guy said it needed a new motherboard which I never heard of. He said he didn't do anything to it it just stopped loading one day.

So I go all over and find all the little tricks to try and make it work. I did the power and volume button thing. I tried to reset it with the Rootkit program. I even tried to get SDK but that won't run on my PC for some reason.

Anyway what is happening is the tablet gets stuck on the Google word. I see nothing before that and it stays on that forever. I waited 15 minutes and nothing. When I try the rootkit program it gets stuck when it tries to reboot. The tablet just never turns back on. I can get it to boot into the bootloader screen. But nothing after that is functional. So what are my options here? If any. I'm hoping I can fix it. I am pretty quick at picking stuff up but this one is really stumping me.

Any help or advice or direction would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

Ok so when I do the Soft Brick Flash Stock + Unroot everything works up until the command prompt attempts to reboot. It turns off and never turns back on The last paragraph of the cmd prompt reads as follows and is what may be the issue. It reads

sending 'bootloader' <2100kb>
FAILED <remote: Bootloader is locked.>
finished. total time:0.145s
rebooting into bootloader...
OKAY [ 0.020s]

So I'm thinking it has something to do with this FAILED section as everything else works with no issues. Also after this I'm stuck at the < waiting for device > and my tablet doesn't power back on. I have a 100% charge and did all the driver stuff first.

Any ideas?????

Nexus 7 2012

Try unlocking the bootloader. It says your bootloader is still locked.
12th June 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by riggerman0421

Try unlocking the bootloader. It says your bootloader is still locked.

I did and it doesn't boot back up after it completes the unlock. The tablet just stays powered down. I am going to try and do it manually instead of the Root toolkit
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread