Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] 4K UHD recording problem

OP Hellabiker

12th June 2014, 04:42 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
problem still not solved.



has anyone experienced this??




it seems like I'm the only one
12th June 2014, 05:04 AM   |  #12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
What happened when you copied the files to your computer harddisk and play them in your computer?
12th June 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopat

What happened when you copied the files to your computer harddisk and play them in your computer?



It works perfectly fine on my macboook pro retina.



do does this mean that the problem is my device??
12th June 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellabiker

It works perfectly fine on my macboook pro retina.



do does this mean that the problem is my device??

If it plays properly in your computer, then that means the video was recorded properly. Then problem is the app that you are using. Try re-scanning your directory. If that doesn't work, try using other apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to jopat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #15  
Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 14
 
123 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Could you try playing the video on the phone with something like MX Player probably I see sometimes the default Video player to has issues even with 1080p video so better player is required but if you watch the video fine on the PC then why you want to watch it on the phone any way you likely wouldn`t notice the difference between 1080p and UHD on the Galaxy S5 screen.
The Following User Says Thank You to bnight For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #16  
fffft's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 622
 
1,978 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnight

Could you try playing the video on the phone with something like MX Player probably I see sometimes the default Video player to has issues even with 1080p video so better player is required but if you watch the video fine on the PC then why you want to watch it on the phone any way you likely wouldn`t notice the difference between 1080p and UHD on the Galaxy S5 screen.

^ Good advice. You confirmed that the recording is good. The most productive thing at this point might be to find out if there is any visible difference between 1080p and UHD on a small, 5.1 inch screen. As to what is causing the playback issue it may well be inherent limitations of the stock player or a firmware issue, hence the suggestion to try MX player. It could also be background apps monopolizing your processor. Another thing you might look into is whether trimming your device memory helps. One app to do that is lagfix.
The Following User Says Thank You to fffft For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
It finally worked! the MX player played the 4k video properly. finally!!

I was already thinking of selling my phone haha



What does this mean? Isn't it that the stock player should support and play the 4K video properly? whats wrong with it?
12th June 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #18  
Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 14
 
123 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellabiker

What does this mean? Isn't it that the stock player should support and play the 4K video properly? whats wrong with it?

The stock player miss some codecs as well as it`s not very fast in processing video don`t know why but just think it`s not supposed to be used for what we used it. On the other hand MX Player has the full ffmpeg codec set and it`s optimized for slower processors then the one in the S5 so that`s why it`s working better then the stock video player. However I did record 1 minute of UHD video and it played well on the stock player currently UHD video is limited to 5 minutes.

But yes I do use mostly MX Player as it`s really good.
12th June 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellabiker

It finally worked! the MX player played the 4k video properly. finally!!

I was already thinking of selling my phone haha



What does this mean? Isn't it that the stock player should support and play the 4K video properly? whats wrong with it?

I'm glad you finally sorted it out. The stock video player should have no problem playing the video recorded by the phone itself, but then nothing is perfect.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes