Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more
Post Reply

htc sense , displays too much contacts

OP NoFatePPC

11th June 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
669 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2007
hi,

since the upgrade to sense 6 today, i have lots of contacts :s

i sync with an exchange email account , i have about 500 contacts, but now the htc displays about 2000 contacts (seems it syncs also syncs contacts where i mailed too)

i checked options , but dont see anything ordinary :s

thnx
12th June 2014, 06:58 AM   |  #2  
yatindroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jaipur
Thanks Meter: 369
 
1,407 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
Try delete duplicate contact or merge same contact

from HTC One
12th June 2014, 07:49 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
669 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by yatindroid

Try delete duplicate contact or merge same contact

from HTC One


there are no duplicaties

i have a new contact for every mail i send to someone , strange thing is that i dont see those in my contact list...
seems my htc is synching the history of all emails i send (contacts only)
12th June 2014, 09:03 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatePPC

there are no duplicaties

i have a new contact for every mail i send to someone , strange thing is that i dont see those in my contact list...
seems my htc is synching the history of all emails i send (contacts only)

Hi,

I found the same thing after my HTC One updated to Sense 6 last night.

I have found that the ActiveSync client is also now syncing contacts from the 'Suggested Contacts' folder in the exchange
mailbox. So if you clear out that folder from your exchange mailbox, then sync the phone, they will be gone. Hope this helps
others who don't like having a contact for EVERYONE THEY'VE EVER EMAILED! Aaagh!

leeph
The Following User Says Thank You to leeph For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 09:05 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
669 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2007
ah, thnx

seems also a known issue now
its android related, not HTC

https://productforums.google.com/for...us/gYpaWfRcHgA
The Following User Says Thank You to NoFatePPC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #6  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 3,006
 
6,063 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeph

Hi,

I found the same thing after my HTC One updated to Sense 6 last night.

I have found that the ActiveSync client is also now syncing contacts from the 'Suggested Contacts' folder in the exchange
mailbox. So if you clear out that folder from your exchange mailbox, then sync the phone, they will be gone. Hope this helps
others who don't like having a contact for EVERYONE THEY'VE EVER EMAILED! Aaagh!

leeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatePPC

ah, thnx

seems also a known issue now
its android related, not HTC

https://productforums.google.com/for...us/gYpaWfRcHgA

Nice catch, thanks. And not only that, but it seems to sync every "contacts" folder (even sub-sub-folders) in your folder tree (I had a few "backups"), no wonder I had over 8000 contacts... and I just thought I had more friends all of a sudden
12th June 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
669 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2007
since this is android related and maybe fixed i a newer version, i dont expect a bugfix for htc sense devices
i think this ota was the latest one for our devices

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes