Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more
Post Reply

Shield Nvidia button Tweaks and Moga Pro HID tweaks

OP ciphray

11th June 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Question Not recognizing the KL files after updating image
So I have a nexus 5 and was running the factory 4.4.2 image and these KL files worked great (the moga files). After updating to the new 4.4.3 image the device doesn't seem to load them. Anyone have any ideas? It's almost as though it doesn't know those files were put there, but I copied them over from a directory in the /sdcard with root explorer and updated the permissions just like I did originally.

Only oddities I can think of is that the OTA failed (I rooted but didn't flash the team win bootloader so OTA's could still work, update did work on my wifes rooted nexus 5) for me so I had to download the factory image and flashed the update without the -w flag so that it would keep my user partition.
12th June 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by tridium

So I have a nexus 5 and was running the factory 4.4.2 image and these KL files worked great (the moga files). After updating to the new 4.4.3 image the device doesn't seem to load them. Anyone have any ideas? It's almost as though it doesn't know those files were put there, but I copied them over from a directory in the /sdcard with root explorer and updated the permissions just like I did originally.

Only oddities I can think of is that the OTA failed (I rooted but didn't flash the team win bootloader so OTA's could still work, update did work on my wifes rooted nexus 5) for me so I had to download the factory image and flashed the update without the -w flag so that it would keep my user partition.

So after doing some more research it seems that the product code wasn't the same anymore. instead of 0dad it was 6271, so after renaming the vendor specific file to incorporate the correct product code, it worked again for me. I don't know enough about things to know why that would have changed, but before that rename it was just using the Generic.kl as it was before.

I got the code it wanted by adb shelling into the device and running a dumpsys input. One of the lines under the Moga had it's vendor and product code in it.
12th June 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tridium

So after doing some more research it seems that the product code wasn't the same anymore. instead of 0dad it was 6271, so after renaming the vendor specific file to incorporate the correct product code, it worked again for me. I don't know enough about things to know why that would have changed, but before that rename it was just using the Generic.kl as it was before.

I got the code it wanted by adb shelling into the device and running a dumpsys input. One of the lines under the Moga had it's vendor and product code in it.

that's definitely interesting that the device portion would change, the triggers still work as analog? even windows gives the vendor id and device id as the 0dad one, only thing that comes to mind is maybe the newer version of android is seeing some other piece of hardware in the controller before the HID device and using that since the vendor portion isn't changing
12th June 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciphray

that's definitely interesting that the device portion would change, the triggers still work as analog? even windows gives the vendor id and device id as the 0dad one, only thing that comes to mind is maybe the newer version of android is seeing some other piece of hardware in the controller before the HID device and using that since the vendor portion isn't changing

Yeah, very weird. The only thing I can think of that I've done is that I have taken the controller apart. I was trying to see if there was any way i might make some adjustments to the d-pad. But other than taking the case apart and having the board being a bit on the free side for a bit, I didn't end up doing anything to the controller. It works fine as well, so I doubt anything I did could have changed that code.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Shield General by ThreadRank