Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Shield Nvidia button Tweaks and Moga Pro HID tweaks

OP ciphray

11th June 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Question Not recognizing the KL files after updating image
So I have a nexus 5 and was running the factory 4.4.2 image and these KL files worked great (the moga files). After updating to the new 4.4.3 image the device doesn't seem to load them. Anyone have any ideas? It's almost as though it doesn't know those files were put there, but I copied them over from a directory in the /sdcard with root explorer and updated the permissions just like I did originally.

Only oddities I can think of is that the OTA failed (I rooted but didn't flash the team win bootloader so OTA's could still work, update did work on my wifes rooted nexus 5) for me so I had to download the factory image and flashed the update without the -w flag so that it would keep my user partition.
12th June 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #12  

5 posts
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by tridium

So I have a nexus 5 and was running the factory 4.4.2 image and these KL files worked great (the moga files). After updating to the new 4.4.3 image the device doesn't seem to load them. Anyone have any ideas? It's almost as though it doesn't know those files were put there, but I copied them over from a directory in the /sdcard with root explorer and updated the permissions just like I did originally.

Only oddities I can think of is that the OTA failed (I rooted but didn't flash the team win bootloader so OTA's could still work, update did work on my wifes rooted nexus 5) for me so I had to download the factory image and flashed the update without the -w flag so that it would keep my user partition.

So after doing some more research it seems that the product code wasn't the same anymore. instead of 0dad it was 6271, so after renaming the vendor specific file to incorporate the correct product code, it worked again for me. I don't know enough about things to know why that would have changed, but before that rename it was just using the Generic.kl as it was before.

I got the code it wanted by adb shelling into the device and running a dumpsys input. One of the lines under the Moga had it's vendor and product code in it.
12th June 2014, 05:38 PM   |  #13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 34

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tridium

So after doing some more research it seems that the product code wasn't the same anymore. instead of 0dad it was 6271, so after renaming the vendor specific file to incorporate the correct product code, it worked again for me. I don't know enough about things to know why that would have changed, but before that rename it was just using the Generic.kl as it was before.

I got the code it wanted by adb shelling into the device and running a dumpsys input. One of the lines under the Moga had it's vendor and product code in it.

that's definitely interesting that the device portion would change, the triggers still work as analog? even windows gives the vendor id and device id as the 0dad one, only thing that comes to mind is maybe the newer version of android is seeing some other piece of hardware in the controller before the HID device and using that since the vendor portion isn't changing
12th June 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #14  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciphray

that's definitely interesting that the device portion would change, the triggers still work as analog? even windows gives the vendor id and device id as the 0dad one, only thing that comes to mind is maybe the newer version of android is seeing some other piece of hardware in the controller before the HID device and using that since the vendor portion isn't changing

Yeah, very weird. The only thing I can think of that I've done is that I have taken the controller apart. I was trying to see if there was any way i might make some adjustments to the d-pad. But other than taking the case apart and having the board being a bit on the free side for a bit, I didn't end up doing anything to the controller. It works fine as well, so I doubt anything I did could have changed that code.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread