[Q] CM11 Whisper Push

OP mtdew2kx

11th June 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have searched everywhere, and have not found the answer to my specific question. Many similar threads and things I have tried but so far nothing has solved this. I will be as specific as possible and VERY thankful to anyone that can help solve this issue.

I have CM11 and so does my buddy. We are both registered for WhisperPush. I can send him a text and he receives it just fine. When he sends me a text, I receive a notification that states, "Received badly encrypted message, or message encrypted for non-existing session." We have both unregistered and re-registered. We have both deleted the full threads. We have both updated to the latest nightly. I have an i747 on T-Mobile and he has the sprint galaxy S3.

I have noticed that his identity key does not match up on my phone and I seem to have no way to change that. What is strange is when my key changed and I text my brother, he said he was prompted to accept the new one. This isn't happening with my buddy.

Any idea? Thanks in advance.
12th June 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
I had the same problem for ages. It was resolved by both of us:
  1. unregistering our whisperpush accounts
  2. clearing data from the whisperpush app (you should probably backup with titanium first)
  3. re-registering our whisperpush accounts
  4. (if necessary) potentially waiting a day for registrations to propagate

Note that this will mean you lose your old whisperpush key so it could potentially cause a repeat of the same issue, but with another contact. Check your other whisperpush-enabled contacts afterwards to ensure it's working with them. I had to re-register again before mine fully resolved and started working with everyone.

HTH!
The Following User Says Thank You to phoenixzzz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the reply, I will try it out today and post the results in case anyone else has this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixzzz

2. clearing data from the whisperpush app (you should probably backup with titanium first)

Note that this will mean you lose your old whisperpush key so it could potentially cause a repeat of the same issue, but with another contact. Check your other whisperpush-enabled contacts afterwards to ensure it's working with them. I had to re-register again before mine fully resolved and started working with everyone.

HTH!

12th June 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Donate to Me
More
Worked perfect, thank you. Even though I was the one getting the error and had the mismatched ID's, it was the sprint galaxy s3.

1. Unregistered WhisperPush on the sprint GS3
2. Made a backup of WhisperPush using Titanium Backup on the Sprint GS3
3. Wiped data of WhisperPush on GS3 using Titanium Backup
4. Re-registered whisperpush on the Sprint GS3
5. Had him send me a text message and my phone then asked me to accept new encrypted text.

Thank you so much, made it very easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixzzz

HTH!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11, encryption., whisperpush
Previous Thread Next Thread