Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 49,166 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone got a Nexus 5 after the Rezound ?

Tip us?

ThomasAn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question Anyone got a Nexus 5 after the Rezound ?

What are your thoughts of the transition ? Battery life ? Overall functionality in comparison ?
Did you feel it was a worthy upgrade ? Should I wait some more ?

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 477

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasAn View Post
What are your thoughts of the transition ? Battery life ? Overall functionality in comparison ?
Did you feel it was a worthy upgrade ? Should I wait some more ?
I got an N4 from the Rezound, great upgrade... the N5 is even more robust, battery life is phenomenal compared to the Rezound, which was pretty bad actually, you wouldn't be disappointed unless you try to use it on Verizon, it won't work. As far as "functionality" goes, it is plain vanilla Android, so if you are used to Sense and some of it's embedded features you might be disappointed out of the box, but there are tons of apps that can do almost anything, you might just have to do more tweaking depending on your use.

Is it worth upgrading, yes... the difference is extreme. Should you wait, that depends on you... there is always something better right around the corner, so even if you wait, when the Nexus 6, or Moto R, or whatever is announced, there will always be something else better coming out soon.
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (AICP 6.0 ROM)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Other phones "in the family": HTC DNA, HTC One (M7), Motorola Moto G GPE
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

ThomasAn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
I got an N4 from the Rezound, great upgrade... the N5 is even more robust, battery life is phenomenal compared to the Rezound, which was pretty bad actually, you wouldn't be disappointed unless you try to use it on Verizon, it won't work. As far as "functionality" goes, it is plain vanilla Android, so if you are used to Sense and some of it's embedded features you might be disappointed out of the box, but there are tons of apps that can do almost anything, you might just have to do more tweaking depending on your use.

Is it worth upgrading, yes... the difference is extreme. Should you wait, that depends on you... there is always something better right around the corner, so even if you wait, when the Nexus 6, or Moto R, or whatever is announced, there will always be something else better coming out soon.
I got one
Nexus 5 32Gb.

It is AMAZING !!! So happy with this purchase, I feel the gap-up in experience is significant over the Rezound.