Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Stuck in recovery mode bootloop!

OP chortiman

9th June 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

15 posts
Hello everyone,

This is what is happening to me. I was trying to flash Miroslav's Cyanogenmod 11 RC2 with Philz Touch 6.07.9, but none of the recomended methods worked for me, I just got stuck on lg logo bootloop - I really want this rom but it is hard as f**k to flash -. So I tried to go back to CM 10.2.1 and got the "Status 7" error. Very frustrated, I finally used my stock recovery image and it worked fine.

From this point, i was recovering my apps and data using titanium back up and when it finished, a notification asked if I wanted the official system update. I refused it and proceded to reboot. Now the phone boots instantly to recovery mode and show the purple screen of Philz touch. First I wiped cache and dalvik and got the same bootloop. Then I wiped cache, dalvik and factory reset and got the same bootloop. Finally, I formated system, factory reset, wiped cache, wiped dalvik and flashed again my recovery image, and got again the recovery mode bootloop.

Any Ideas? Thank you for your help.

Best regards.

EDIT: I must clarify that when I flash my recovery image, it ALWAYS get suck on a part that says something like "installing android security". I have to press power button 10 seconds to restart but it boots normaly in the stock rom.
Last edited by chortiman; 9th June 2014 at 04:40 PM. Reason: clarify question
10th June 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 17

89 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chortiman

Hello everyone,

This is what is happening to me. I was trying to flash Miroslav's Cyanogenmod 11 RC2 with Philz Touch 6.07.9, but none of the recomended methods worked for me, I just got stuck on lg logo bootloop - I really want this rom but it is hard as f**k to flash -. So I tried to go back to CM 10.2.1 and got the "Status 7" error. Very frustrated, I finally used my stock recovery image and it worked fine.

From this point, i was recovering my apps and data using titanium back up and when it finished, a notification asked if I wanted the official system update. I refused it and proceded to reboot. Now the phone boots instantly to recovery mode and show the purple screen of Philz touch. First I wiped cache and dalvik and got the same bootloop. Then I wiped cache, dalvik and factory reset and got the same bootloop. Finally, I formated system, factory reset, wiped cache, wiped dalvik and flashed again my recovery image, and got again the recovery mode bootloop.

Any Ideas? Thank you for your help.

Best regards.

EDIT: I must clarify that when I flash my recovery image, it ALWAYS get suck on a part that says something like "installing android security". I have to press power button 10 seconds to restart but it boots normaly in the stock rom.

When in vain , unbrick your phone again using unbricking guide and use CWM , not all guide is working for the same type of phone . No need to wipe system clean cache watevr **** you were told unless recommended by developer and just factory reset then flash the rom
Last edited by Mr.201; 10th June 2014 at 08:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.201 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.201

When in vain , unbrick your phone again using unbricking guide and use CWM , not all guide is working for the same type of phone . No need to wipe system clean cache watevr **** you were told unless recommended by developer and just factory reset then flash the rom

Thanks for the answer and the advice about factory reset. Yes, I had to unbrick my phone and by the way, still could not install miroslav's cm11 RC3 using Philz touch 6.19.3.

But I have another issue: I successfully got back to CM 10.2.1 but after I restored my apps using Titanium Backup, I rebooted the phone and got stuck on CM logo for half hour. I wiped dalvik and got the same result. Then wiped cache and dalvik and still stuck. What should I do? Flash again the rom? The restored data is from CM 10.2.1 so I don't see any problem....
11th June 2014, 04:35 PM   |  #4  

89 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for the answer and the advice about factory reset. Yes, I had to unbrick my phone and by the way, still could not install miroslav's cm11 RC3 using Philz touch 6.19.3.

But I have another issue: I successfully got back to CM 10.2.1 but after I restored my apps using Titanium Backup, I rebooted the phone and got stuck on CM logo for half hour. I wiped dalvik and got the same result. Then wiped cache and dalvik and still stuck. What should I do? Flash again the rom? The restored data is from CM 10.2.1 so I don't see any problem....

check again what you restore, user apps will have no problem to restore but system apps will cause incompatibility to the rom and crash it
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.201 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.201

check again what you restore, user apps will have no problem to restore but system apps will cause incompatibility to the rom and crash it

The phone is good now, I restored the stock rom and from there I flashed CM 10.2.1 just making a factory reset. Plus I flashed adreno drivers and gapps. Once it booted, I restored my apps without sistem data and now the phone works properly.

Thank you Mr.201
12th June 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #6  

89 posts
More
Quote:

The phone is good now, I restored the stock rom and from there I flashed CM 10.2.1 just making a factory reset. Plus I flashed adreno drivers and gapps. Once it booted, I restored my apps without sistem data and now the phone works properly.

Thank you Mr.201

Glad it worked, make sure you untick 'system' in filter in titanium backup so that you can only see your user apps .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread