FORUMS

ZenFone 2 Lolliflash and ZenPower Giveaway!

We recently did an in-depth review of the Asus Zenfone 2 but one of the things people may … more

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

[Q] Lock Screen is Locked !!

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By mohan_rao7, Junior Member on 7th June 2014, 07:59 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I had rooted my Kindle Fire HD and working perfectly with Go Launcher.
By mistake , I Factory Reset the Kindle in the Settings Menu. The Kindle erased all the Data and Apps ( Not a problem for me) and rebooted.
It now starts up on the Lock Screen ( as before) but I am not able to swipe the lock and open the screen. Tried powering on several times , but no luck.
Please Help !!

7th June 2014, 08:07 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
One more info...
Just to add that when I connect the Kindle with the USB cable to my PC (Win 7) , the Kindle is recognized and I can see the folders/files in Windows Explorer.
7th June 2014, 08:07 PM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 621

Donate to Me
More
Do you have adb access?

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
8th June 2014, 04:55 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

Do you have adb access?

Yes. Just downloaded it. But I am a Noob .
8th June 2014, 05:34 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
when I run adb devices at the command prompt , no devices show up under "List of Devices Attached"

Do note that I am not able to access Settings to turn ADB On
8th June 2014, 09:28 AM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX

Donate to Me
More
OK then you don't have adb access. You are stuck with one option, use a fastboot cable to restore the system partition. Kindle fire first aid or SRT should do the trick. If you don't have a fastboot cable I recommend the team blackhat ones, they are a known place to get them that are confirmed working. There's a link to them in hashcode's 2nd bootloader + twrp tutorial thread.

This is the 2012 kfhd with the camera correct?

11th June 2014, 05:46 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
MY Kindle Remains Locked ....
[QUOTE=stunts513;53244930]OK then you don't have adb access. You are stuck with one option, use a fastboot cable to restore the system partition. Kindle fire first aid or SRT should do the trick. If you don't have a fastboot cable I recommend the team blackhat ones, they are a known place to get them that are confirmed working. There's a link to them in hashcode's 2nd bootloader + twrp tutorial thread.

This is the 2012 kfhd with the camera correct?

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk[/QUOT

Many Thanks for all the help. I am in Bangalore , India and am not able to get a fastboot cable. I will be visiting the US for about 10 days from the 1st of August. Can you guide me as to where I could send the Kindle for repair so that I get it back in about 10 Days. I shall send it from a US address (Denver) and would like it to be returned to the same address (Denver). Could it be rooted to 4.2 or 4.4 ? What would it cost ?

Appreciate all your help , once again .
11th June 2014, 06:56 AM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX

Donate to Me
More
I have no idea where you could send it to get it done, I would offer my services personally but unfortunately I just got a job and am very busy and I lack a fastboot cable/adapter. I think prokennexusa might but Idk. You can run the latest kitkat based android on the device once a ROM is flashed on it. Maybe you can get a fastboot adapter while in the USA? They are a good idea to have in case you brick it again. I'm a bit of a hypocrite for saying that as in don't have one, but I figured if the time comes I can solder one together out of a spare cable or buy one if none of my cables have the pin I would have to solder.

Last edited by stunts513; 11th June 2014 at 06:59 AM.
12th June 2014, 07:30 PM |#9  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 432

More
You can send it to me. I'll do it up for you. You can get Fastboot cord for cheap on eBay too. They are nothing more than a stock Motorola cord. If you have one of those that would work too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Paranoid Android 4.4.3 using XDA premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
frozen after startup, kindl fire hd, lock screen
Previous Thread Next Thread