Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Lock Screen is Locked !!

OP mohan_rao7

7th June 2014, 08:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I had rooted my Kindle Fire HD and working perfectly with Go Launcher.
By mistake , I Factory Reset the Kindle in the Settings Menu. The Kindle erased all the Data and Apps ( Not a problem for me) and rebooted.
It now starts up on the Lock Screen ( as before) but I am not able to swipe the lock and open the screen. Tried powering on several times , but no luck.
Please Help !!
7th June 2014, 09:07 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
One more info...
Just to add that when I connect the Kindle with the USB cable to my PC (Win 7) , the Kindle is recognized and I can see the folders/files in Windows Explorer.
7th June 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 610

2,230 posts
Donate to Me
More
Do you have adb access?

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
8th June 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

Do you have adb access?

Yes. Just downloaded it. But I am a Noob .
8th June 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
when I run adb devices at the command prompt , no devices show up under "List of Devices Attached"

Do note that I am not able to access Settings to turn ADB On
8th June 2014, 10:28 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX

2,230 posts
Donate to Me
More
OK then you don't have adb access. You are stuck with one option, use a fastboot cable to restore the system partition. Kindle fire first aid or SRT should do the trick. If you don't have a fastboot cable I recommend the team blackhat ones, they are a known place to get them that are confirmed working. There's a link to them in hashcode's 2nd bootloader + twrp tutorial thread.

This is the 2012 kfhd with the camera correct?

11th June 2014, 06:46 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
MY Kindle Remains Locked ....
[QUOTE=stunts513;53244930]OK then you don't have adb access. You are stuck with one option, use a fastboot cable to restore the system partition. Kindle fire first aid or SRT should do the trick. If you don't have a fastboot cable I recommend the team blackhat ones, they are a known place to get them that are confirmed working. There's a link to them in hashcode's 2nd bootloader + twrp tutorial thread.

This is the 2012 kfhd with the camera correct?

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk[/QUOT

Many Thanks for all the help. I am in Bangalore , India and am not able to get a fastboot cable. I will be visiting the US for about 10 days from the 1st of August. Can you guide me as to where I could send the Kindle for repair so that I get it back in about 10 Days. I shall send it from a US address (Denver) and would like it to be returned to the same address (Denver). Could it be rooted to 4.2 or 4.4 ? What would it cost ?

Appreciate all your help , once again .
11th June 2014, 07:56 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX

2,230 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have no idea where you could send it to get it done, I would offer my services personally but unfortunately I just got a job and am very busy and I lack a fastboot cable/adapter. I think prokennexusa might but Idk. You can run the latest kitkat based android on the device once a ROM is flashed on it. Maybe you can get a fastboot adapter while in the USA? They are a good idea to have in case you brick it again. I'm a bit of a hypocrite for saying that as in don't have one, but I figured if the time comes I can solder one together out of a spare cable or buy one if none of my cables have the pin I would have to solder.

Last edited by stunts513; 11th June 2014 at 07:59 AM.
12th June 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #9  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 425

1,746 posts
Donate to Me
You can send it to me. I'll do it up for you. You can get Fastboot cord for cheap on eBay too. They are nothing more than a stock Motorola cord. If you have one of those that would work too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Paranoid Android 4.4.3 using XDA premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
frozen after startup, kindl fire hd, lock screen
Previous Thread Next Thread