Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,659 Members 44,368 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Installing Custom ROMs on KNOX-powered Galaxy S3

Tip us?

ghostlinking
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Installing Custom ROMs on KNOX-powered Galaxy S3

Hi guys,

I'm new here as a user, but I used xda frequently. I haven't found any info as an answer to my question, so let me ask you:

Is there any way to install a 4.4.2 ROM on Galaxy S3 with KNOX? There are some specifications I want to add to this question:

1. I deleted all KNOX apps using Titanium Backup, so I think on the software side I'm clean.
2. It doesn't matter for me, whether this thing will trip my counter or not, the only thing I need is to install a different ROM.
3. ODIN got stuck in the middle when I tried to install a different ROM so I had to get back. (which on the other side means that I tripped my KNOX counter, I suppose)
4. I used Safestrap w/ a different partition on it, where I installed CM11, but it only showed me black screen.
5. I rooted my phone using saferoot application.

I would be very grateful if you could help me. The problem is that other threads that I saw only deal with avoiding KNOX tripping. In my case, I don't really care about the warranty. I only demand freedom in installing any ROM I want.

Thanks in advance.

landshark68
Old
Thanks Meter 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlinking View Post
Hi guys,

I'm new here as a user, but I used xda frequently. I haven't found any info as an answer to my question, so let me ask you:

Is there any way to install a 4.4.2 ROM on Galaxy S3 with KNOX? There are some specifications I want to add to this question:

1. I deleted all KNOX apps using Titanium Backup, so I think on the software side I'm clean.
2. It doesn't matter for me, whether this thing will trip my counter or not, the only thing I need is to install a different ROM.
3. ODIN got stuck in the middle when I tried to install a different ROM so I had to get back. (which on the other side means that I tripped my KNOX counter, I suppose)
4. I used Safestrap w/ a different partition on it, where I installed CM11, but it only showed me black screen.
5. I rooted my phone using saferoot application.

I would be very grateful if you could help me. The problem is that other threads that I saw only deal with avoiding KNOX tripping. In my case, I don't really care about the warranty. I only demand freedom in installing any ROM I want.

Thanks in advance.
Once you are on 4.3 you can only run safestrap and flash 4.3 based touchwiz ROMs only. This thread will give you the info you need:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639337

[GUIDE][ML1/NC1] TW 4.3 Sticky Roll-Up Thread (5-24-14)

Sent from the Shark Tank using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Shouldn't we treat this world like the garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus.......sometimes the circus comes to you
The Following User Says Thank You to landshark68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ghostlinking
Old
(Last edited by ghostlinking; 12th June 2014 at 09:12 AM.) Reason: question
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark68 View Post
Once you are on 4.3 you can only run safestrap and flash 4.3 based touchwiz ROMs only. This thread will give you the info you need:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639337

[GUIDE][ML1/NC1] TW 4.3 Sticky Roll-Up Thread (5-24-14)

Sent from the Shark Tank using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Great! Thanks, man!
Could you also provide a link to the list of TouchWiz Verizon Galaxy S3 ROMs on 4.3?

Shallow_1
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Great! Thanks, man!
Could you also provide a link to the list of TouchWiz Verizon Galaxy S3 ROMs on 4.3?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t= check here

Never mind...link broke or something
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

landshark68
Old
Thanks Meter 542
Quote:
Great! Thanks, man!
Everything you needed was in the link I provided. In the OP (Original Post, or first post) of the thread I linked, the fifth link provided is titled "TW 4.3 Download list." Click on that link and you will see a list of 4.3 Touchwiz ROMs that are safestrap compatible. Here is the link to that thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post50448953

You need to make sure to read everything liked so you are completely knowledgeable about what you are doing before you do it.
Shouldn't we treat this world like the garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus.......sometimes the circus comes to you
The Following User Says Thank You to landshark68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]