Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,271 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Refurbished phone problems

Tip us?

Tyler.Boston1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default [Q] Refurbished phone problems

So i received a new phone in the mail from tmobile because i claimed that my last phone was lost. They sent me a Galaxy s4 with 4.3 pre installed (sadly) and I didn't care about tripping knox so i rooted and installed an i9505 rom. Now when i was on stock before i rooted i would get signal problems at my home unlike on my previous galaxy s4. Text messages wouldn't go through nor mms and sometimes i wouldn't have a data signal. But now i realize there are a lot of things wrong with this phone :
  • Vibration on the phone does not work at all nor keypad vibrations
  • The speaker where you place your ear for a call has a lot of static when on the phone and the volume is low even on max and with volume mods
  • the back facing speaker is low even with volume mods on high
  • the continuos bad reception it has
  • notifications that the sim card has been removed when it has not

So what I'm trying to ask is if i reflash stock 4.3 on it and set the flash counter back to 0 with triangle away, can i call customer service complain that the phone has all these problems and that knox was already broken when sent to me so I can get another galaxy s4 sent to me?

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 610
Just reflash 4.3 and see if it helps or even 4.4.2, Knox is already tripped.. And you don't have to reset anything because you can't reset the counter, and they won't ask you about the counter, all you can do is file a claim and hope they won't say anything about it

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Shoothy
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Did you flash a kernel?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4235

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler.Boston1 View Post
  • Vibration on the phone does not work at all nor keypad vibrations
  • The speaker where you place your ear for a call has a lot of static when on the phone and the volume is low even on max and with volume mods
  • the back facing speaker is low even with volume mods on high
  • the continuos bad reception it has
  • notifications that the sim card has been removed when it has not
Reset flash counter using triangle away. Reflash 4.3 tar. Go into store and b*tch!

Don't ever mention knox. A lot of store reps have no idea what that even is or what even a bootloader is. As long as you can re-create the issues you mentioned at the store. They will gladly give you another one. Took me 3 Galaxy S3s referbished to finally get a good working one.