Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,021 Members 45,476 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Vibrate - not strong?

Tip us?

flipq88
Old
Thanks Meter 605
Yep, very disappointing. I have the Neo and I sometimes won't even feel it if I'm moving around.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

logichoops
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Same here, came from a pebble, have my phone on silent and my watch too, depend on the vibration to notify me of missed calls or texts during meetings, sometimes cant feel a thing, hoping with time some dev finds a way of increasing strength or length of vibrate

BigDanInTX
Old
Thanks Meter 34
See, to me, the vibration is perfect! I was using a ZWatch for a while and that thing sounded like an industrial vibration unit was strapped to my arm. My boss always knew when something came in, so I typically didn't bother with the vibration feature except for wake-up alarms.

With this, I get two very quick buzzes and it's silent. I've set it so the notification doesn't force the display to turn on so I can be more discreet in seeing my notifications.

I see nothing wrong with the vibration.

However, if others require more, then hopefully there's something that can be done to address it.

lanwarrior
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Hmm.. so the Gear 2 have loud shutter button but weak vibration.
Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile
Stock ROM - rooted
Official Jelly Bean 4.3

Note 10.1 (2014)
Stock ROM - Not rooted since KNOX tripping
Official KitKat 4.4.2

Retired
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
Galaxy Note 8.0
Nexus 7 (2012)
AT&T Galaxy Note
AT&T Galaxy S4 Active

jp712
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDogg1 View Post
Gear 1 vibration was way stronger!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Agreed! Gear 1 was much stronger. I dont think I even used it on its strongest setting it worked much better.
I miss the buzz on my Gear 2 anytime I'm moving around alot, and a lot of the time when Im driving.

Then the fun of the phantom buzz has begun. Im paying more attention looking for that faint buzz that I keep checking it for notifications to find there aren't any. Just like when you have your phone on vibrate and you THINK you felt it. ugh. (Biggest complaint about the watch.)

bullet2300
Old
Thanks Meter 14
When I first got my Gear2 I noticed the vibrate anytime it went, but now I hardly notice it and often miss it I made sure mine is set to strong too.

xformulax
Old
Thanks Meter 30
When i was going through the initial setup, I'm not even sure why but the watch vibrated and it was VERY strong.... now "strong" feels like 10% of the vibration I initially felt.

Very disappointed with that, and the pedometer... I swear I sat around the house eating junk food all day and i'm nearing 4500 steps.....

raiu
Old
Thanks Meter 80

DONATE TO ME
I just went and got a gear 2 since my gear one broke and i have to say the vibration on this thing is much much weaker, the speaker on the other hand is much louder.
**Remember to give thanks every day your device works **