Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

[Q] Vibrate - not strong?

24th April 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 606

1,514 posts
More
Yep, very disappointing. I have the Neo and I sometimes won't even feel it if I'm moving around.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
25th April 2014, 01:35 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 15

82 posts
More
Same here, came from a pebble, have my phone on silent and my watch too, depend on the vibration to notify me of missed calls or texts during meetings, sometimes cant feel a thing, hoping with time some dev finds a way of increasing strength or length of vibrate
25th April 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #13  
League City, TX
Thanks Meter: 34

148 posts
See, to me, the vibration is perfect! I was using a ZWatch for a while and that thing sounded like an industrial vibration unit was strapped to my arm. My boss always knew when something came in, so I typically didn't bother with the vibration feature except for wake-up alarms.

With this, I get two very quick buzzes and it's silent. I've set it so the notification doesn't force the display to turn on so I can be more discreet in seeing my notifications.

I see nothing wrong with the vibration.

However, if others require more, then hopefully there's something that can be done to address it.
28th April 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 141

2,106 posts
Hmm.. so the Gear 2 have loud shutter button but weak vibration.
1st May 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #15  
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 4

37 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDogg1

Gear 1 vibration was way stronger!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Agreed! Gear 1 was much stronger. I dont think I even used it on its strongest setting it worked much better.
I miss the buzz on my Gear 2 anytime I'm moving around alot, and a lot of the time when Im driving.

Then the fun of the phantom buzz has begun. Im paying more attention looking for that faint buzz that I keep checking it for notifications to find there aren't any. Just like when you have your phone on vibrate and you THINK you felt it. ugh. (Biggest complaint about the watch.)
2nd May 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 14

310 posts
When I first got my Gear2 I noticed the vibrate anytime it went, but now I hardly notice it and often miss it I made sure mine is set to strong too.
3rd May 2014, 06:21 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 30

230 posts
When i was going through the initial setup, I'm not even sure why but the watch vibrated and it was VERY strong.... now "strong" feels like 10% of the vibration I initially felt.

Very disappointed with that, and the pedometer... I swear I sat around the house eating junk food all day and i'm nearing 4500 steps.....
12th June 2014, 08:47 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 89

384 posts
Donate to Me
More
I just went and got a gear 2 since my gear one broke and i have to say the vibration on this thing is much much weaker, the speaker on the other hand is much louder.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread