[Q] Keeping the AOSP Camera from turning into Google Camera?

OP DrKaotica

12th June 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Meter: 1,144

1,036 posts
More
Hi all,

I run an AOSP Rom called LiquidSmooth.

If you do a clean flash of the rom, without flashing GAPPS, you get the standard AOSP camera.

Whenever I flash the GAPPS package for Liquidsmooth, it is replaced with the Google Camera.

Ordinarily this wouldn't bother me, but Google camera will reboot the phone if you try to use the front facing camera. I wiped everything and flashed JUST the rom, and the FFC on the AOSP camera works fine, so i would love to keep it.

When i look through the zip of the GAPPS package I don't see any camera. So what is causing one camera to delete and the other one to be added?

I want the rest of the gapps, obviously, but i want to keep the AOSP Camera.

The latest nightly can be found here if anyone wants to take a look at the ROM zip.
12th June 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 242

465 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKaotica

Hi all,

I run an AOSP Rom called LiquidSmooth.

If you do a clean flash of the rom, without flashing GAPPS, you get the standard AOSP camera.

Whenever I flash the GAPPS package for Liquidsmooth, it is replaced with the Google Camera.

Ordinarily this wouldn't bother me, but Google camera will reboot the phone if you try to use the front facing camera. I wiped everything and flashed JUST the rom, and the FFC on the AOSP camera works fine, so i would love to keep it.

When i look through the zip of the GAPPS package I don't see any camera. So what is causing one camera to delete and the other one to be added?

I want the rest of the gapps, obviously, but i want to keep the AOSP Camera.

The latest nightly can be found here if anyone wants to take a look at the ROM zip.

There you go, straight from the nightly zip.

Also, the reason the stock camera gets deleted is because the updater-script in the GAPPs package contains a line to overwrite the stock camera app.

You should be able to prevent this by modifying the updater-script with a text editor such as Notepad++, or by removing the Google Camera .apk from the GAPPs package.

Just to further clarify one more thing. The AOSP camera is in the nightly zip and Google Camera is in the GAPPs zip.

I hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Camera2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.91 MB, 4 views)
Last edited by Higgs_Boson; 12th June 2014 at 10:31 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Higgs_Boson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread