Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 48,576 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Note 3 N9005 NO SIM Inserted

Tip us?

vndnguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 599

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AO7 View Post
I'm experiencing the same issue. Flashed a new Temasek CM11 nightly and after booting into the rom for the first time no PIN unlock dialogue appeared. The phone is stuck at "searching for service". My IMEI number is still there and both SIM cards I have tried work perfectly in my iPhone.

I'm still on JB 4.3 bootloader with CMW recovery 6.0.4.5 and baseband is N9005XXUBMI6. Is it possible something got messed up when flashing latest CM? Perhaps baseband/modem firmware outdated?

I'm downloading N9905XXUEND3 and will flash back completely to stock. Will report back here later.
Sorry I've never tried CM so I'm not sure what happens.

Please feedback.

AO7
Old
(Last edited by AO7; 12th June 2014 at 09:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by vndnguyen View Post
Sorry I've never tried CM so I'm not sure what happens.

Please feedback.
I have managed to solve the problem.

1. First back up EFS and FSG in case you haven't done that yet. On the N9005 your IMEI information is stored in FSG so do not use any tools that only backup the EFS without the FSG. For tools check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2611903

2. Flash stock image for N9005. I was still on JB 4.3 with the unlocked bootloader so I flashed JB 4.3 again, didn't bother with KK 4.4 which will lock the bootloader after flashing.

3. Booting back into stock and the SIM PIN entry menu appeared straight away.

4. Flash CWM recovery appropriate to your bootloader 4.3 or 4.4

5. Flash CM

6. SIM PIN entry and cellular works perfectly again
conclusion:
I'm not sure why this happened. Downgrading to a previous CM build did not solve the issue. So I'm reluctant to blame CM itself. Perhaps the recovery was the culprit. Somewhere something must have been corrupted during a flash. Luckily nothing that couldn't be fixed by flashing stock.
The Following User Says Thank You to AO7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]