Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Help, possible brick!!!!!!!!

OP brian85

12th June 2014, 06:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 94

905 posts
I am/was rooted with custom recovery. I was running stock ROM with minor tweaks (g3 notification panel, etc). I downloaded the "knock code" update that just came out for the LG G2 (AT&T), not even thinking about the root/custom recovery, and then when I went to install it, it booted into TWRP recovery. I had no idea what to do from there (it would just reboot back to recovery if I rebooted), so I wiped the system then flashed my backup. Still nothing, it still booted into recovery. So then, being the smart guy that I am, I did a complete wipe of everything (internal storage and everything), and now I'm stuck at recovery with absolutely nothing. No backups or anything.

How do I get my phone back up and running?
12th June 2014, 06:52 AM   |  #2  
Kalispell, MT
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian85

I am/was rooted with custom recovery. I was running stock ROM with minor tweaks (g3 notification panel, etc). I downloaded the "knock code" update that just came out for the LG G2 (AT&T), not even thinking about the root/custom recovery, and then when I went to install it, it booted into TWRP recovery. I had no idea what to do from there (it would just reboot back to recovery if I rebooted), so I wiped the system then flashed my backup. Still nothing, it still booted into recovery. So then, being the smart guy that I am, I did a complete wipe of everything (internal storage and everything), and now I'm stuck at recovery with absolutely nothing. No backups or anything.

How do I get my phone back up and running?

Try this..

What worked for me was from the TWRP terminal command was to type

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

then hit enter

type

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc

then hit enter and reboot.
12th June 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

905 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsky40

Try this..

What worked for me was from the TWRP terminal command was to type

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

then hit enter

type

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc

then hit enter and reboot.

What exactly is this supposed to do? I have absolutely nothing on my phone now- no backups or anything. I'm assuming I need to download a rom and flash it via recovery. Is it possible to get a rom on my phone if it just boots into recovery?
12th June 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #4  
Kalispell, MT
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Quote:

What exactly is this supposed to do? I have absolutely nothing on my phone now- no backups or anything. I'm assuming I need to download a rom and flash it via recovery. Is it possible to get a rom on my phone if it just boots into recovery?

I thin you can ADB push a rom file to your phone, flash it in twrp, then enter those terminal commands which will allow it to boot normally
12th June 2014, 01:45 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1,481

2,108 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You took ota while having custom recovery ?

This will enable you to boot (if you didn't mess up another things on your system)

you may also: "adb push rom.zip /sdcard/rom.zip"

-where rom.zip is the name of your rom.
12th June 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

905 posts
Can't figure out how to get ADB to recognize my phone. I downloaded SDK and all that. When I do "adb devices" I get "no devices found"
12th June 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
There's a bug in TWRP 2.7.0.0 that you can't activate ADB.
I suggest to boot into download mode (plug your phone to your computer USB while pressing volume UP key), open LG PC Suite, go to Mobile Device > Restore upgrade errors, and it will flash the latest stock firmware

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread