ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

I bricked my phone please help

OP motiam4

8th June 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Hello,my phone was on stock 4.3,I tried to flash the 4.4.2 ota manually from stock recovery but it fails every time,I decided to take the firmware from ota package and flash it using fastboot,after updating firmware my phone now only stock at htc logo and black screen,it goes into fastboot mode but nothing helped out.because it's S-ON AND BOOTLOADER LOCKED.Is there any way to get it back other than waiting to the signed 4.4.2 RUU?


THANK YOU.
9th June 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #2  
dottat's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 1,356
 
3,040 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by motiam4

Hello,my phone was on stock 4.3,I tried to flash the 4.4.2 ota manually from stock recovery but it fails every time,I decided to take the firmware from ota package and flash it using fastboot,after updating firmware my phone now only stock at htc logo and black screen,it goes into fastboot mode but nothing helped out.because it's S-ON AND BOOTLOADER LOCKED.Is there any way to get it back other than waiting to the signed 4.4.2 RUU?


THANK YOU.

Since flashing the firmware have you tried going into stock recovery and flashing the ota again?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
9th June 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat

Since flashing the firmware have you tried going into stock recovery and flashing the ota again?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

sure I did,but it says Invalid argument when pressing choose from phone storage or sdcard and reboot !!!
9th June 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #4  
andybones's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 9,387
 
9,627 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by motiam4

sure I did,but it says Invalid argument when pressing choose from phone storage or sdcard and reboot !!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1937112

Your phone is not bricked, it is currently "soft" bricked.
A brick means your phone is, simply that, a brick, does nothing..

Anyway, since you are S-ON, and no signed RUU, I am not sure there is too much you can do.

Some back info.
Were you ever S-OFF?

Did it set you back to S-ON when you "decided to take the firmware from ota package and flash it using fastboot"?

All information can remember always helps, hope there is a light at the end of your tunnel. At worst, since bootloader is locked and S-ON, I would personally, get a refurb. Unfortunately seems the only way as no singed RUU exists ATM.
Last edited by andybones; 9th June 2014 at 04:33 PM.
9th June 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1937112

Your phone is not bricked, it is currently "soft" bricked.
A brick means your phone is, simply that, a brick, does nothing..

Anyway, since you are S-ON, and no signed RUU, I am not sure there is too much you can do.

Some back info.
Were you ever S-OFF?

Did it set you back to S-ON when you "decided to take the firmware from ota package and flash it using fastboot"?

All information can remember always helps, hope there is a light at the end of your tunnel. At worst, since bootloader is locked and S-ON, I would personally, get a refurb. Unfortunately seems the only way as no singed RUU exists ATM.

unfortunately I never was S-OFF,I was S-ON when I flash the firmware,thank you for your help anyway.waiting for the ruu
10th June 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #6  
andybones's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 9,387
 
9,627 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by motiam4

unfortunately I never was S-OFF,I was S-ON when I flash the firmware,thank you for your help anyway.waiting for the ruu


Ahh, sorry wish I could be of more help.
I have never tried flashing anything on an HTC device that wasn't S-OFF.
I hope the signed RUU comes soon.
12th June 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #7  
dohcvtec's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mystic, CT
Thanks Meter: 11
 
160 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2622141 - I think this will be a good experience for you to read this thread. hope I helped!
12th June 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by motiam4

Hello,my phone was on stock 4.3,I tried to flash the 4.4.2 ota manually from stock recovery but it fails every time,I decided to take the firmware from ota package and flash it using fastboot,after updating firmware my phone now only stock at htc logo and black screen,it goes into fastboot mode but nothing helped out.because it's S-ON AND BOOTLOADER LOCKED.Is there any way to get it back other than waiting to the signed 4.4.2 RUU?


THANK YOU.

This might be a dumb question but you have tried doing the factory reset from the stock bootloader? Since you say you can get into fastboot, you can get to that option?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes