Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 45,663 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can I have help downgrading my Samsung ATIV SE from 8.1 Dev Preview to Stock 8

Tip us?

dwk001@gmail.com
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] Can I have help downgrading my Samsung ATIV SE from 8.1 Dev Preview to Stock 8

I have 2 Samsung ATIV SE's that are both experiencing the same software glitches from the 8.1 preview (opening camera or flashlight causes phone to reboot, lock screen unresponsive, screen unresponsive, cannot end calls with touch screen, kids corner missing "configure" button)

I have downloaded the Nokia Software Update utility in attempts to try that to downgrade my software back to just WP8, but when it says "Plug in your phone" it doesn't recognize my phone (likely because its a samsung, not a nokia). I have called Samsung and even went to the Samsung booth in Bestbuy whom both have stated that I will need to "send my phone in to samsung to reflash the rom". That seems excessive.

Is there anyone that can help me with reinstalling WP8 back onto my device? I am fine with waiting until the 8.1 update comes out officially.

ceesheim
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2073

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwk001@gmail.com View Post
I have 2 Samsung ATIV SE's that are both experiencing the same software glitches from the 8.1 preview (opening camera or flashlight causes phone to reboot, lock screen unresponsive, screen unresponsive, cannot end calls with touch screen, kids corner missing "configure" button)

I have downloaded the Nokia Software Update utility in attempts to try that to downgrade my software back to just WP8, but when it says "Plug in your phone" it doesn't recognize my phone (likely because its a samsung, not a nokia). I have called Samsung and even went to the Samsung booth in Bestbuy whom both have stated that I will need to "send my phone in to samsung to reflash the rom". That seems excessive.

Is there anyone that can help me with reinstalling WP8 back onto my device? I am fine with waiting until the 8.1 update comes out officially.
I could do a long explanation but I keep it short , NO there is no way for you to return to stock wp8.
this will only happen when someone leaks a ROM for your phone.
and a Tip: Don't ever use other then Samsung wp software for your phone (flasher, firmware , drivers ) because it could render your phone in a paperweight.

Greetings Cees

the hottest geek girl in the world SassiBoB, SassyBoB, Sassy BoB, sassibob

Iron Fist !!!

XDA-Developers is all about Developers

dwk001@gmail.com
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceesheim View Post
I could do a long explanation but I keep it short , NO there is no way for you to return to stock wp8.
this will only happen when someone leaks a ROM for your phone.
and a Tip: Don't ever use other then Samsung wp software for your phone (flasher, firmware , drivers ) because it could render your phone in a paperweight.

Greetings Cees
Thank you!

To ask though, you said only if "someone leaks a ROM for your phone". So if someone does leak a rom for my phone, what would the process be to "reinstall/ reflash that rom"

ceesheim
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2073

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwk001@gmail.com View Post
Thank you!

To ask though, you said only if "someone leaks a ROM for your phone". So if someone does leak a rom for my phone, what would the process be to "reinstall/ reflash that rom"
install Driver on pc, connect phone, put phone in download mode, open flasher ,hit Flash , wait 20 mins till phone boots, have fun with stock Rom

the hottest geek girl in the world SassiBoB, SassyBoB, Sassy BoB, sassibob

Iron Fist !!!

XDA-Developers is all about Developers