Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,937 Members 43,321 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lost WiFi Connectivity when switching ROMS. =( Help!

Tip us?
 
XQuisite
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 41
Join Date: Nov 2006
Question [Q] Lost WiFi Connectivity when switching ROMS. =( Help!

Hello wonderful community!

I write this in equal parts shame and anguish. I thought I knew what I was doing, apparently something went wrong. Here's the situation.
  1. Was on Paranoid Android 4.4 BETA 1 and flashed Paranoid Android 4.4 RC1
  2. PA 4.4 RC 1 had Google sync problems, so I decided to jump to DJL4.4Custom FLO 06-03-14 (Latest) w/recommended GAPPS
  3. WiFi wouldn't turn on. (Would hang saying "WiFi turning on...") <-- Main problem. Can't sync, etc.
  4. Factory resetted and did a lot of wiping - to no avail.
  5. Now stuck in an apparent bootloop of the startup animation of DLJ4.4.
  6. Help please!?!

This absolutely sucks. If anyone can help, please let me know. I've been using WugFresh's toolkit when needed. I did all of the flashing above via Nexus 7 only however.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
 
LinearEquation
Old
#2  
LinearEquation's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 404
Posts: 1,688
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Midwest

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by XQuisite View Post

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
The lack of WiFi connectivity problem is ROM issue. If you have TWRP you can sideload a ROM onto it.


Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Paranoid Android 4.4.3 using XDA premium 4 mobile app
[ROOT] 2013 KFHD7 Soho firmware 11.x.x.x (no camera)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...44736&page=101 If needed contact @GranPC for an updated Firerooter.
[Root] 2012 KFHD7 Tate http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460
2nd [Bootloader]/[TWRP] KFHD7 Tate
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2128848
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2271909
KFHD7 Tate System Restore Tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1951254
 
XQuisite
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 41
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearEquation View Post
The lack of WiFi connectivity problem is ROM issue. If you have TWRP you can sideload a ROM onto it.


Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Paranoid Android 4.4.3 using XDA premium 4 mobile app
Thanks for your reply. I've since tried to revert back to the ROM that I was using and the WiFi is still stuck in the "Turning on WiFi" part. Could I flash a kernel instead? All ROM, GAPPS, and Kernel zip installs have been done with full wipes.
 
LinearEquation
Old
#4  
LinearEquation's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 404
Posts: 1,688
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Midwest

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by XQuisite View Post
Thanks for your reply. I've since tried to revert back to the ROM that I was using and the WiFi is still stuck in the "Turning on WiFi" part. Could I flash a kernel instead? All ROM, GAPPS, and Kernel zip installs have been done with full wipes.
Should be able to. I use ElementalX. Very stable and fast. You can flash AOSP kernel too. When 4.4.3 first hit there were some issues that were quickly patched. Some have not worked the patch into their ROM yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Paranoid Android 4.4.3 using XDA premium 4 mobile app
[ROOT] 2013 KFHD7 Soho firmware 11.x.x.x (no camera)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...44736&page=101 If needed contact @GranPC for an updated Firerooter.
[Root] 2012 KFHD7 Tate http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460
2nd [Bootloader]/[TWRP] KFHD7 Tate
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2128848
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2271909
KFHD7 Tate System Restore Tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1951254
 
XQuisite
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 41
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearEquation View Post
Should be able to. I use ElementalX. Very stable and fast. You can flash AOSP kernel too. When 4.4.3 first hit there were some issues that were quickly patched. Some have not worked the patch into their ROM yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Paranoid Android 4.4.3 using XDA premium 4 mobile app
I've now tried to flash back to stock and the WiFi still doesn't want to fully turn on. =/ I'm going to try to flash some ROMs and Kernels to see what I get.

Thanks Linear. I'm discouraged but hopeful.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes