FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

New update

86 posts
Thanks Meter: 25
 
By ferrouskid, Member on 5th June 2014, 10:18 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
8th June 2014, 04:09 AM |#11  
Member
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
URL for the 8.9" firmware update
Quote:
Originally Posted by tl3

The latest update 13.3.2.3.2 can be downloaded from:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/kindle-fire..._323001720.bin

if anyone wish to dissect it for changes, revisions, and potentials...

FYI.

The firmware update for the 8.9" can also be successfully downloaded from here:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/kindle-fire..._323001720.bin

Mark J Culross (KD5RXT)
mjculross@sbcglobal.net
 
 
9th June 2014, 10:22 PM |#12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Can someone explain me why my kindle updated while it was in airplane mode?
I did a factory reset today and just connected to wlan to download some apps. I checked the settings and didn't see any updates downloading. Said my device already has the newest update while it was on 13.3.2.2. I then deactivated wlan and set my device to airplane mode. Now while my kindle was still on airplane mode, I got the message that it successfully updated to 13.3.2.3.2. What the duck is wrong with Amazon. Amazon became Hitler's stasi 2.0.
10th June 2014, 09:44 PM |#13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuerkay

Can someone explain me why my kindle updated while it was in airplane mode?
I did a factory reset today and just connected to wlan to download some apps. I checked the settings and didn't see any updates downloading. Said my device already has the newest update while it was on 13.3.2.2. I then deactivated wlan and set my device to airplane mode. Now while my kindle was still on airplane mode, I got the message that it successfully updated to 13.3.2.3.2. What the duck is wrong with Amazon. Amazon became Hitler's stasi 2.0.

Well basically I think the way it works is that the kindle already downloaded the update, and the updated when idle. However this is a minor update- nothing to worry about. Just block the download sources on your router and forget about it!!!
12th June 2014, 07:13 AM |#14  
Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Where does the update download to? Can it be deleted before it is installed?

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
12th June 2014, 03:17 PM |#15  
stored
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbgadgets

Where does the update download to? Can it be deleted before it is installed?

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

I believe /cache
The Following User Says Thank You to jimyv For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 04:39 PM |#16  
oOBubbleBoyOo's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Does this new update patch any chances of rooting?
12th June 2014, 08:22 PM |#17  
umm
Quote:
Originally Posted by oOBubbleBoyOo

Does this new update patch any chances of rooting?

Well considering they haven't released the root yet if it exists.... For the last one. The only people that would know are ones who have been able to test it.. It would be kind of hard for the masses to know the definite answer to that... But allegedly yes the new update will patch that allegedly possible root exploit. That allegedly exist.... That currently I'm sure hundred of tablets are sitting on airplane mode in a desk drawer awaiting for.... So Innoway those who wish to have access roots are paying a price to gain.. Because it is obvious to me the gods are not willing to release yet.
12th June 2014, 11:11 PM |#18  
GSLEON3's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag NSA Black Site Whiskey Tango Foxtrot One Niner
Thanks Meter: 1,386
 
Donate to Me
More
saˇyoˇnaˇra
Last edited by GSLEON3; 13th June 2014 at 10:39 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GSLEON3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 11:38 PM |#19  
hey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjculross

The firmware update for the 8.9" can also be successfully downloaded from here:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/kindle-fire..._323001720.bin

Mark J Culross (KD5RXT)
mjculross@sbcglobal.net

By the way people do do not download either of these on to your Kindle. Your tablet will find them and will apply them anywhere you put them.. So in other words if you have the OTA blocked successfully. And you download one of these onto your tablet it WILL find and attempt update. Which as far as I know is exclusive to this tablet..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes