Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 47,858 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't disable factory mode because I can't root

Tip us?

Cscrryan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Can't disable factory mode because I can't root

First off, the phone is reading an IMEI of 0. The phone was rooted successfully, I did a factory reset to hopefully get the phone to refresh the IMEI information as it was disabling me from receiving data from my provider. The factory reset must of corrupted the root and now the phone gives me this annoying yellow block of info and says it is in factory mode. I have tried to root the phone to follow steps in order to disable factory mode but odin and the original motochoppa method are both failing.

I am now downloading an original firmware for the SGH-I337 but the phone is still in download mode from the previous failed attempt, it blatantly states "Do not turn off target!!" so I am under the impression I should leave it plugged in until this original firmware downloads and try again.

I would greatly appreciate the help from everyone here! Samsung wanted to charge me $70! And I know it is simply a matter of restoring it back to original firmware.

Issues-
-IMEI reads 0 in settings
-Phone was rooted successfully
-After factory reset root became corrupted
-Phone now stuck in factory mode (huge yellow box)
-Failed root attempts in order to disable factory mode
-Phone is now left on "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!"

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 554

DONATE TO ME
1. Reboot ur phone in DOWNLOAD MODE again.
2. Flash the firmware that u downloaded before through ODIN.
3. Dial *#06# for see if you recovered your IMEI. If dont, you will have to pay what Samsung told ya for fix it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
Tags
brick, factory mode, imei, odin, root