Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] New Note 2 user with a few questions.

OP DroidAddict101

13th June 2014, 12:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

73 posts
Sorry in advance as I'm sure the answer is here somewhere but I cant manage to find it.

I just got a used Note 2 with an unlocked bootloader.

It is currently on SR Remix 4.3 and I'm wondering what I have to do (if anything) to be able to flash 4.4 aosp roms?

I saw something about using the latest recovery and I also thought I saw something about updating the baseband too but now I cant find it again

I've always had moto phones but with that being said I understand what odin is and helped my cousin flash a couple roms on his s3 before.

Any help is greatly appreciated. The last thing i want to do is brick my new phone haha

EDIT: My baseband is MJ9. Probably should have mentioned that
Last edited by DroidAddict101; 13th June 2014 at 12:48 AM.
13th June 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 450

1,306 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidAddict101

Sorry in advance as I'm sure the answer is here somewhere but I cant manage to find it.

I just got a used Note 2 with an unlocked bootloader.

It is currently on SR Remix 4.3 and I'm wondering what I have to do (if anything) to be able to flash 4.4 aosp roms?

I saw something about using the latest recovery and I also thought I saw something about updating the baseband too but now I cant find it again

I've always had moto phones but with that being said I understand what odin is and helped my cousin flash a couple roms on his s3 before.

Any help is greatly appreciated. The last thing i want to do is brick my new phone haha

EDIT: My baseband is MJ9. Probably should have mentioned that

You need the latest cwr or twrp. Then you wipe, flash rom, flash latest gapps and then reboot.
13th June 2014, 01:33 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

73 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamFX

You need the latest cwr or twrp. Then you wipe, flash rom, flash latest gapps and then reboot.

Thanks a lot. Excited to get flashing. Appreciate it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread