Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 39,035 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] DC instead off 2G or 3G or H+ what does it mean ?

Tip us?

contrinsan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 129
Default [Q] DC instead off 2G or 3G or H+ what does it mean ?

Hi, a couple off weeks ago i went from aosp to omega rom and the and from that day i seem to have bad connection for mobile internet.
I tried flashing another modem file and i meanwhile flashed my aosp rom again but the problem doesn't go away. My connection often shows DC instead of the usual 2G, H+,..

I will include a screenshot, notice the DC sign instead of 2g, 3g,..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-12-22-00-49.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	2794823  
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 + ZeroLemon 7500 (= 7 days standby + 5 hours screentime with only one charge !)
Current Rom installed: AOSB v1.3.6 -> Probably the best AOSP rom for Samsung S4 !!
Xposed Mods: SMS in ringer stream, Intelli3G, & XBlast Tools
Get yourself a Volume boost mod for Kitkat
http://imageshack.com/a/img841/3706/ztx9.png

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3791
Quote:
Originally Posted by contrinsan View Post
Hi, a couple off weeks ago i went from aosp to omega rom and the and from that day i seem to have bad connection for mobile internet.
I tried flashing another modem file and i meanwhile flashed my aosp rom again but the problem doesn't go away. My connection often shows DC instead of the usual 2G, H+,..

I will include a screenshot, notice the DC sign instead of 2g, 3g,..
Duel Channel.

It's connecting to an HSPA connection twice to double the bandwidth of the connection.

In reality it's an HSPA (or 3G) connection, but double strength.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!
The Following User Says Thank You to Skipjacks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

contrinsan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipjacks View Post
Duel Channel.

It's connecting to an HSPA connection twice to double the bandwidth of the connection.

In reality it's an HSPA (or 3G) connection, but double strength.
Thanks for the info, i meanwhile checked google also but can't find an answer why it doesn't work or how to disable the DC connection so i am writing an email to my provider and hopefully they know how to fix it
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 + ZeroLemon 7500 (= 7 days standby + 5 hours screentime with only one charge !)
Current Rom installed: AOSB v1.3.6 -> Probably the best AOSP rom for Samsung S4 !!
Xposed Mods: SMS in ringer stream, Intelli3G, & XBlast Tools
Get yourself a Volume boost mod for Kitkat
http://imageshack.com/a/img841/3706/ztx9.png

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3791
Quote:
Originally Posted by contrinsan View Post
Thanks for the info, i meanwhile checked google also but can't find an answer why it doesn't work or how to disable the DC connection so i am writing an email to my provider and hopefully they know how to fix it
I don't think you can disable it.

TouchWiz ROMs do it too. They just don't show it in the status bar. They just show 3G

Sent from your phone. You should be more careful where you leave that thing.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!