Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] 66.5MB AT&T software update?

OP APeter001

12th June 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
96 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Hi,

Just for grins I clicked software update to see if there was anything available it came up and downloaded a 66MB update file. Anyone know what it is?

I am not the guinea pig for this, don't want to break root by accident. I'm currently on NC9 4.4.2 rooted by Sunderwear's method.
12th June 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 395
 
1,164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by APeter001

Hi,

Just for grins I clicked software update to see if there was anything available it came up and downloaded a 66MB update file. Anyone know what it is?

I am not the guinea pig for this, don't want to break root by accident. I'm currently on NC9 4.4.2 rooted by Sunderwear's method.

That is a update file that will update the phone from NC9 to NE3. It is an update that is supposed to fix all the things that the original 4.4.2 update broke. If you could, would you mind uploading the cfg file that is located in /cache/fota/?

We have the file that will update ML2 to NE3 (485MB), but we don't have this one. It would be a huge help if you could grab that file before it installs itself.

To answer your question about root, I'm going to bet that it will fail to install because you have root. But if it does install then you will most definitely lose root, however we have a root method for NE3 that can be found in this thread.

Please, please, please try to get that file, it would be a huge help.
12th June 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
96 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v

That is a update file that will update the phone from NC9 to NE3. It is an update that is supposed to fix all the things that the original 4.4.2 update broke. If you could, would you mind uploading the cfg file that is located in /cache/fota/?


Please, please, please try to get that file, it would be a huge help.

Unable to find that location can you provide a complete path?
12th June 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 395
 
1,164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by APeter001

Unable to find that location can you provide a complete path?

Try /data/fota/ instead. Basically you need to find a cfg file in the fota folder but for some reason the fota folder is in a different location for different versions of firmware.
12th June 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
96 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v

Try /data/fota/ instead. Basically you need to find a cfg file in the fota folder but for some reason the fota folder is in a different location for different versions of firmware.

File uploaded to Google drive and PM sent. I was looking from the wrong end.. not in root files
12th June 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
96 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
You're right, btw, it did not complete install. Hung at 25% and rebooted back to 4.4.2 root
13th June 2014, 02:46 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 395
 
1,164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by APeter001

You're right, btw, it did not complete install. Hung at 25% and rebooted back to 4.4.2 root

If you're happy with your firmware right now and there are bugs, there's really no reason to update.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes