Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,180 Members 40,442 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Compasitive Buttons

Tip us?

vinnyjr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default Compasitive Buttons

I know you have the ability to change to on-screen buttons. My question is related to the Compasitive Buttons, do they light up for better visibility at night? All the videos I've watched I've yet to see them light up.
Thank You,
Vinny
Waiting on the 64gb model. Love this phone. Must have it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Harfainx
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyjr View Post
I know you have the ability to change to on-screen buttons. My question is related to the Compasitive Buttons, do they light up for better visibility at night? All the videos I've watched I've yet to see them light up.
You can change the light duration on them. I believe 6 seconds on is default. There are a few different options, and you can disable the light entirely. When you change to on-screen, the capacitive buttons get disabled, including the backlight for them.
team d3rp

ArchosFans Forum OnePlus Forum
Archos Gamepad 2 OUYA Nexus 10 Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus One HTC One M8 HK (Sprint) Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sprint)

Recycled phones: Oppo N1, HTC One M7, HTC EVO 4G LTE, SGS3, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, HTC Touch Pro 2, LG Rumor 2, + Older
Recycled Tablets: Archos Gamepad, Nexus 7 (2012), Archos G9 101, Archos G8 101, Archos 9 PC, Archos 5 (Android)

The Jack of Clubs
Old
Thanks Meter 466
You can find video of them lit up. They are darker than on something like the find 7 because they are more heavily tinted so they disappear better when you turn on the onscreen buttons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nano_
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jack of Clubs View Post
You can find video of them lit up. They are darker than on something like the find 7 because they are more heavily tinted so they disappear better when you turn on the onscreen buttons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yeah, but the lights are actually pretty bright when they're on!
Still thinking why the capasitive buttons were added on this phone. They just make it bigger.

mitchilin
Old
(Last edited by mitchilin; 11th June 2014 at 10:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nano_ View Post
Still thinking why the capasitive buttons were added on this phone. They just make it bigger.
Exactly. More expensive to squish stuff into a smaller phone.

nano_
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchilin View Post
Exactly. More expensive to squish stuff into a smaller phone.
Yeah but IMO it would have been better idea to make it less thin then.
The Following User Says Thank You to nano_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Planterz
Old
Thanks Meter 152
I prefer off-screen buttons over on-screen ones myself, but I guess on a 5.5" screen it's not like I could complain too much about a bit of screen space being "wasted" with buttons. I'll more-than-likely use the capacitive buttons on the 1+1. All 3 of the Androids I've owned have the "back" button on the right, "home" in the middle, and "menu" on the left, and I was ecstatic to learn that the 1+1's capacitive buttons keep this arrangement, bucking the (non-Samsung) trend putting the "back" button on the left (which would drive me bonkers), and the "recent apps" button on the right. Although I'm sure CM11s would let you change them to do whatever you wanted anyway...
Relax, go nutz!