FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

Compasitive Buttons

555 posts
Thanks Meter: 47
 
By vinnyjr, Senior Member on 22nd May 2014, 05:51 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I know you have the ability to change to on-screen buttons. My question is related to the Compasitive Buttons, do they light up for better visibility at night? All the videos I've watched I've yet to see them light up.
Thank You,
Vinny
Waiting on the 64gb model. Love this phone. Must have it.


Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
 
 
23rd May 2014, 02:48 PM |#2  
Harfainx's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,177
 
10101010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyjr

I know you have the ability to change to on-screen buttons. My question is related to the Compasitive Buttons, do they light up for better visibility at night? All the videos I've watched I've yet to see them light up.

You can change the light duration on them. I believe 6 seconds on is default. There are a few different options, and you can disable the light entirely. When you change to on-screen, the capacitive buttons get disabled, including the backlight for them.
23rd May 2014, 05:45 PM |#3  
The Jack of Clubs's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 482
 
More
You can find video of them lit up. They are darker than on something like the find 7 because they are more heavily tinted so they disappear better when you turn on the onscreen buttons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
11th June 2014, 06:35 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jack of Clubs

You can find video of them lit up. They are darker than on something like the find 7 because they are more heavily tinted so they disappear better when you turn on the onscreen buttons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yeah, but the lights are actually pretty bright when they're on!
Still thinking why the capasitive buttons were added on this phone. They just make it bigger.
11th June 2014, 10:34 PM |#5  
mitchilin's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nano_

Still thinking why the capasitive buttons were added on this phone. They just make it bigger.

Exactly. More expensive to squish stuff into a smaller phone.
Last edited by mitchilin; 11th June 2014 at 10:38 PM.
12th June 2014, 03:19 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchilin

Exactly. More expensive to squish stuff into a smaller phone.

Yeah but IMO it would have been better idea to make it less thin then.
The Following User Says Thank You to nano_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2014, 02:02 AM |#7  
Planterz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 649
 
More
I prefer off-screen buttons over on-screen ones myself, but I guess on a 5.5" screen it's not like I could complain too much about a bit of screen space being "wasted" with buttons. I'll more-than-likely use the capacitive buttons on the 1+1. All 3 of the Androids I've owned have the "back" button on the right, "home" in the middle, and "menu" on the left, and I was ecstatic to learn that the 1+1's capacitive buttons keep this arrangement, bucking the (non-Samsung) trend putting the "back" button on the left (which would drive me bonkers), and the "recent apps" button on the right. Although I'm sure CM11s would let you change them to do whatever you wanted anyway...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes