Thanks Meter: 1,127

4,075 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason504

Did your battery life get better or did you do something to fix it

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

I went back to aicp......it runs good on mine most if the time ...might go back to pure cm though tonight .....o never really had problems with battery besides stock 10p and 10k ....

2SHAYNEZ
5th June 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77

741 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneflashindaily

I went back to aicp......it runs good on mine most if the time ...might go back to pure cm though tonight .....o never really had problems with battery besides stock 10p and 10k ....

2SHAYNEZ

I just came from the newest build on cm11 and it was worse not only did my battery life suck it would not deep sleep. But that was on the latest nightly.

5th June 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #13  
Hendersonville NC
Thanks Meter: 1,127

4,075 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I just came from the newest build on cm11 and it was worse not only did my battery life suck it would not deep sleep. But that was on the latest nightly.

Battery life is best determined after a few days of settling in .... About 3-4 full charge cycles........then if it sucks ...change and try another ROM setup.

2SHAYNEZ
The Following User Says Thank You to shayneflashindaily For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2014, 07:52 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 49

306 posts
Quote:

Will try it's like I can be on my phone on Google + or Facebook for like 10min and it will go down like 7%

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I found Facebook to be battery hungry whether on LG's rom or CM. It refused to hibernate on greenify's command. The solution that worked for me was deleting Facebook.

And also monitoring apps behavior in general, wakelocks, etc. I put yahoo weather on a few days ago and the app racked up like 500 wakelocks in the first few hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to abumy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2014, 09:13 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 51

136 posts
More
I improved my battery life by restoring my DD, Stock 4.1.2 Nandroid. I can't see getting this much standby/screen combined time on our official KK, yet. Plus, I had issues with lagging and bugs (such as constant playback errors with Google Play All access). The only thing I miss is the greatly improved Stereo Bluetooth quality in 4.4 vs v the too-bad-to-listen on 4.1. If anyone could tell me if/how to edit those libs/files I'd not even care if I ever get stable KK on the e980. Anyway, organic battery usage.

I'm gonna let it run till dead and predict 72+hours with 4+ screen.

Sent from my LG E980 via Tapatalk Pro (and stupid-fast LTE)
The Following User Says Thank You to JCred For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 131

544 posts
I was also getting severe Android OS battery drain for the last few days. I lost 60% battery life in just 3 hours!

I fixed it by "recalibrating" (or at least I saw it called this elsewhere on the internet) my battery. I simply used my phone until the battery died and my phone automatically shut off. Then I kept trying to power on the phone until it stopped attempting to turn on (this just makes sure your battery is truly dead; i doubt this does anything useful though). Then with the phone off, I charged until 100%, then continued charging another 2 hours (to make sure battery is really full). Then I turned on the phone. After this, I am getting excellent battery life and Android OS is using far less battery.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

EDIT: No longer true. The issue eventually came back and has been plaguing me since.
Last edited by spexwood; 3rd July 2014 at 09:39 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread