[Q] External SD Card not recognised on computer

OP erad2008

11th June 2014, 08:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi. This is my first post so please forgive me. I just installed the new KitKat Custom ROM by Echoed onto my GT-N8020 Galaxy Note 10.1. I have installed many ROMs on many devices with no problems. ROM installed fine as always but now I have a problem. When I connect to my computer via USB I cannot see the external SD card in My Computer. The internal SD is displayed though. I have tried Googling all day with no luck. All I can find is info on the SD permissions problem etc. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know how to fix this as I am stumped. Any help is very much appreciated. Cheers
11th June 2014, 01:28 PM   |  #2  
Flag Moshav Matityahu
Thanks Meter: 70

446 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erad2008

Hi. This is my first post so please forgive me. I just installed the new KitKat Custom ROM by Echoed onto my GT-N8020 Galaxy Note 10.1. I have installed many ROMs on many devices with no problems. ROM installed fine as always but now I have a problem. When I connect to my computer via USB I cannot see the external SD card in My Computer. The internal SD is displayed though. I have tried Googling all day with no luck. All I can find is info on the SD permissions problem etc. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know how to fix this as I am stumped. Any help is very much appreciated. Cheers

when you plug it in, does it show up as usb mass storage device, or as mtp device?
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Sd card
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobro

when you plug it in, does it show up as usb mass storage device, or as mtp device?

Hi...on the tablet I have 2 options...mtp or camera. I tried both but still not visible on computer. I will check further when I get home from work to check again. Thanks
12th June 2014, 08:04 AM   |  #4  
Flag Moshav Matityahu
Thanks Meter: 70

446 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erad2008

Hi...on the tablet I have 2 options...mtp or camera. I tried both but still not visible on computer. I will check further when I get home from work to check again. Thanks

first off, it has to be in mtp mode, not camera to even have a chance.
have you tried other cables/ports/cards? try putting the card in only when the tab is already in the pc, or putting the card in a powered off phone and booting up the phone once its connected, or failing that, just use a micro sd card reader.
you can alos try apps like ums for galaxy s3 (from playstore) and see if it works for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #5  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 113

412 posts
More
To enable Mass Storage mode, do the following:

Download Terminal app
Then type this, and press enter after each line:
su
setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage
reboot

After rebooting, plug it in, mount usb storage. If required, format it.
The Following User Says Thank You to banjara For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Thumbs up
Thanks guys. Unfortunately I didn't get to try the terminal command as I didn't know about that one. In the end I got rid of Echoes KitKat ROM for n8020 and installed original Cyanogen ROM and voila......all problems gone. Must be a lot of bugs in the Echoe ROM as external SD Card was not visible on computer or even writable to. And 4g was not working.

Thanks for your help guys. I really appreciate it and will have to remember to try your suggestions if this ever happens again. Cheers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread