Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 42,072 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooted M8 - Updating Stock ROM via OTA

Tip us?

peacesam
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Rooted M8 - Updating Stock ROM via OTA

Hi Guys,

I read up that most people do not update stock rom on their rooted phone but i remember someone said that it is completely fine. I have a rooted/Unlocked M8 and i received an update today, and I would like to get it updated but it rebooted into TWRP touch recovery but i am not sure where to go from there.

I previously used Cm10 on my S3 and also tried other roms but stock rom is still way more stable. Do you agree?

TheAnarchist1
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Hey dude. I am probably significantly nicer than a LOT of people on here including some of the mods....so I am going to warn you. Close this thread right now and reopen it in Q&A where it needs to be. You are going to be TORN APART by the rabble otherwise. I always hate to see budding members slaughtered by some of the more jaded and nasty folks on this forum.

The only threads that go in Original Android Development, and Android Development are those created by developers or designated representatives of a developer for roms, for mods, and for other development related items. They are pretty strict about this on here.....now

RUN! Before the rabble comes with torches!
I do not flame. I spread the horribly obvious
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheAnarchist1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

peacesam
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks, i made a mistake!

I'm in hiding as we speak.

BenPope
Old
(Last edited by BenPope; 13th June 2014 at 03:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 877
The question has also been asked and answered dozens of times. You need stock recovery.