Rooted M8 - Updating Stock ROM via OTA

OP peacesam

11th June 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

54 posts
More
Hi Guys,

I read up that most people do not update stock rom on their rooted phone but i remember someone said that it is completely fine. I have a rooted/Unlocked M8 and i received an update today, and I would like to get it updated but it rebooted into TWRP touch recovery but i am not sure where to go from there.

I previously used Cm10 on my S3 and also tried other roms but stock rom is still way more stable. Do you agree?
12th June 2014, 12:16 AM   |  #2  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 118

263 posts
More
Hey dude. I am probably significantly nicer than a LOT of people on here including some of the mods....so I am going to warn you. Close this thread right now and reopen it in Q&A where it needs to be. You are going to be TORN APART by the rabble otherwise. I always hate to see budding members slaughtered by some of the more jaded and nasty folks on this forum.

The only threads that go in Original Android Development, and Android Development are those created by developers or designated representatives of a developer for roms, for mods, and for other development related items. They are pretty strict about this on here.....now

RUN! Before the rabble comes with torches!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheAnarchist1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

54 posts
More
Thanks, i made a mistake!

I'm in hiding as we speak.
13th June 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1,007

3,713 posts
The question has also been asked and answered dozens of times. You need stock recovery.
Last edited by BenPope; 13th June 2014 at 04:30 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread